Mackay Flood

Moderator: Mods

Clare

Mackay Flood

Post by Clare »

Not sure if anyone else does, but I live in Mackay, QLD and we have just had a flood. My birds were fine, they were nice and dry inside and spent most of the day sleeping. Here are some pics from my place. The bird cage you can see in one pic is a spare - I didn't have the birds outside.

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:shock: Oh no! I saw it all on the news.. thats crazy weather up there! Droughts then this.. So happy the birds are fine... a friend of mine lost his birds in the NSW flooding last year.. :cry: I hope your insured and you can pick up the pieces once the water dies down. Where are you living now? :( Our thoughts are with ya girl! Hope the weather gets better soon!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Yes I to have been following it on the news. My parents are in QLD (Burnett area) and they have had heaps of rain, but nowhere near your volume.

Glad to hear your birds were safe and well. I am sorry that your place was flooded. I saw on the news last night it is still raining there. Mother Nature can be very cruel at times :(
leo

owww

Post by leo »

in indonesia too, we often have this kind of thing...

but i will love it, no school...hehe :oops:
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Miss_kaos

Post by Miss_kaos »

great pics... unfortunate but.. best wishes to u nd ur family (including birds of course).. i cant believe the things that are happening with the weather lately... i spend alot of time at the coast staying there nd we too had a flood warning now nd also near christmas.. it rained for two weeks straight.. nothing compared to the amount u got in one night but! i never thought much of the flood warnings we got until having a look at your pics.. pretty major! silly question but i heard that there were crocodiles swimming round in there??

best of luck
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

So sad to see the pics of all that water in your house, but thankfully you and your birds are all safe and sound.
Lene

Post by Lene »

I have friends, who have recently moved to your area, and I think about them and all of you up there every day.. Keep safe!
Cheers

Lene
Clare

Post by Clare »

Miss Kaos there were crocs swimming the streets. But they are in the water ways up here anyway. We had snakes in the house and that was bad enough. The crocs were seen in new housing estates.

Good news for us today- insurance guy just came and everything will be replaced.