RIP Laptop

Moderator: Mods

Clare

RIP Laptop

Post by Clare »

I went out with my fiance to a nice restaurant last night and came home to find my laptop ruined, and two ringnecks sitting on it, both on one foot and holding a keyboard key it the other, chewing it!

They chewed off most of the keys, then the little white bits that hold them on, and the rubber pieces, then started pulling up the metal parts.

And prior to that they chewed the buttons off my fiances prized posession - his expensive multi function remote.

I checked my insurance and 'acts of animals' are not covered. :(

So it was an expensive night. I guess i will be taking more care when I buy a new laptop.
Lene

Post by Lene »

:o - Uhmm... I would recommend a desktop computer... That way you only have to replace the keyboard :lol:

Secondary, lock your birds up, when you're not at home... :)
Cheers

Lene
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Sorry couldnt help but laugh.. but jeez thats an expensive item to replace! :shock: Thats why my birds are locked up whenever I'm out. Luckily we've only had to replace the flyscreens 3 times in 2 years and I'm going to have to fix up the roof soon so the real estate dont see the beak marks around the ceiling. :roll: I just spent 200 dollars on chew toys for Yoda since he prefers chewing things than actually playing with toys.
I'd get them used to being put in their cage whenever you go out and buy lots of chew toys to keep them occupied.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Lene

Post by Lene »

I'm sure they were looking for IndianRingNeck.com... lol
Cheers

Lene
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

hahahahahahahahahahahaha lene hahahah

that was great :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. They were trying to spell it then got fed up so tore it up. :lol:
-Justin
laura

Post by laura »

So sorry to read about your troubles... :( We learned that lesson with one of our cats. Walked accross the keyboard and got his toe caught. Ripped up my keyboard trying to get his nail out :roll: Now we are careful of what we leave out. Kids!
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

Oh dear they are just like little monkeys I think!!
Mine got into a chalk box today that I keep high on top of the dining room china cabinet he dropped each and every single one off and watched it break into bits he did that 20 times because that's how many were in the box.. haha.. I came into the room for the tale end of that he was clutching a pink one and about to send it down I didnt' think anything of it as I have some little smooth rocks up there which is what I thought he was chucking because that's just what he does, I couldnt' believe he got into the chalk box though!!.. hehe...
leo

hahaha

Post by leo »

sory, but to lough..they are really funny at times...earlier on, tango just "touch" the key board...but, when i leave my room to watch some show awile( about 20 min), when i come back, tango was enjoying pluging off my laptop key board...it took me more than 4 hours to fix all back...and my mouse roller too...all gone...but they look so innocent even when they do that SIN...haha
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

Ok I took some pics this morning I told hubby NOT to leave his laptop out after your story....these pics are too funny as he was downloading he had to leave it out and this is basically him under the blanket with the laptop... :lol:

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

LOL that is very funny. We know who rules the roost in your place ;)