journey to get tango

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

leo

journey to get tango

Post by leo »

hi...guy, feel like sharing the story of way i take before i get IRN tango...

when i come to singapore, i went to a bird shop near by...they have bunch of IRN, by then, i never see this parrot before...

they look very funny to me, the way they behave and 1 male dance to my hand when i put my hand near the cage bar...

i asked the moody looking uncle and ask how much is it...
S$ 300...wow, its so expensive for me...then he loudly say "boy, i got to be honest with u, this bird is never a good pet, people buy it and they will return to trade in to another bird, and bla bla bla"...powerful enough, it make me think twice...but, i unknowingly has wanted that bird so badly...

i went to another shop at the next day, saw lutino IRN, it was so beautiful....make me want to keep...

i do some research and find it chalenging+interesting to have this bird...i start saving then...before it enough to buy IRN, i was tempted to gey lovebird and tiel< all my saving dry...but i start again...a year later, i lost both tiel and lovebird...it took me another halv a year to get enought to buy IRN...just nice, i saw a lut IRN baby, 3 week old + found this forum...

i ask around, and waiting another 2 week before bring him home,...

in my case, he already attracted to me since he is 5 week old when i got him...(i feel that way)

and the rest, i gone through with this board... :lol:

i have been wanting lut IRN for 5 year + and lucky enough i found 1 lut IRN baby, the only lut baby i saw n singapore since ever i come...im lucky...hehe

guys, mind sharing why you choose IRN and how u started...thanks
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

well im going to tell both storys of how i got jake and oliver

It was about a year ago at this time i started wanting an indain ringneck. I reading about them and never really fount this site. I thought they were so cool with the rings and everything. But to my knowlege i was looking at alexadrines. :shock: So i went in search of a ringneck (alexnadrine) and the first one i came across had been in this store area for 3 years. It was in bad shape. So i off i go with my grandma to find another. So we walk in to this next pet show and i here the call! I am like that is what they sould like so i run over and there is a blue and lutiono male irn in the same cage! I am freakin out! I loved the blue one but they had both not been handled very well so they were untame. We took it to the back of the store into theis room and i played with it, of course it was screaming and freakign out poor fid. They were also very high $600 for the blue one and $500 for yellow. So i kept going back to there and dealing with the guy and finally i gave up cause he wouldnt go lower than $300. So then i started to look for a breeder. That is when i found Kenny Ray up in the smokey mountains and he had just had a hatch like 2 days after i called him so i put in for a grey green and i met him 3 hours away. This was March 13. I lost jake to my dog May,5 at 2:10 i remember cause the pizza man came.

So here is the story on oliver. The day jake died i was so upset crying and just depressed. How does this happen. So i decided to call kenny and tell him what had happned. And this is where it turns. I call him and tell him sadly what happned and he says Wait son. I got a bird for you! Another grey green! Oliver was born the day i met kenny for jake!!! Cuase kenny told us how he just got another batch that day we got him. So he gave me oliver for not money. And big oliver flew in a big air plane and i got him May 31, at 8:00 am.

there is my story :lol:
-Justin
Bella

Post by Bella »

Both of your storys are great so i think ill tell mine too :lol: Me and baz went to the local pet shop for some rat food like we usually do it had been raining we were soaked through not in a good mood and as soon as i walk in there is billy staring at us id never seen such a beautiful bird. So as baz went to buy the stuff i stayed talking to billy he started to do his dances and squarking i was in love!! It was very close to christmas and i wasnt sure if we could afford £140 for him and the cage so i had to tear myself away. All i could think about was billy for days he was all i talked about so we decided to go back and ask a few questions. So we go back and he was dancing for me again we decide to go to the bank and as we are walking back to the petshop there are people outside and they are talking about billy and how they want him :shock: So we rush in luckily the shop owners told the other people someone was having him and if we hadnt turned up 10 minutes before the shop shut they could buy him but we made it. Billy was then dropped off to us 20 minutes later :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

My first introduction to Indian Ringies were at the local pet shop. I thought they were magnificant birds. But I didn't want to support petshop stock so held off buying. Then it just so happened we visited a mate of B/Fs from years ago that he hadn't seen in ages and he kept birds. Being a animal person I just HAD to check out his collection. My eyes spied 2 Lutinos in an aviary. I'm like "wow, check them out, so kool". The guy said they had chicks and pulled them to begin handraising. He let me hold one of the chicks. Well that was the end of me. I had to keep the little fella. Off i trot, bird in one hand formular in the other :lol:

And this is the end result.....
my little girl jasper, will be 2 in August

Now I have 17 of them

And thats my story

:)
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

I love reading all of the story!

Oh well, this is how I got my IRN, its not because I fell in love with IRN or things like that, but its more like; a gift for all the hard work I've done.
So here is the story, I was playing with my pair of ringneck dove, cleaning up their cage, vaccuming the carpet, refilling the food and water dish, and all these work. But I was wondering, why these bird never mate with each other? after all the hard work, It seems like Im never going to get any baby bird... Its been quite a while Im keeping these pair of doves, but never seen them doing any mating...
About half hour later, I heard my dad came home, I thought he came home and brought nothing special, as usual.. then he called me, so I go and checked it out, guess what he brought home;........... A BABY RINGNECK PARAKEET!!!! Hurrraaaay!! I was soooo happy and excited, what a special surprise!!! I wasn't expecting anything like that, I dont even have the idea of getting a ringneck parakeet someday.

The day after, the baby is named as "Lovy", a lovely ringneck parakeet, which is now a big beautiful sweet girl, a lovely addition to our family.

Thats my story..
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:wink: I love stories!

Well, when I was 15 (2000), my parents thought I needed a pet, we had a bunny (my brothers) and a cockatiel already (bonded to my sister). So we went to a pet shop to have a look around. As we walked in the door, (which was wide open I recal!) there was playgyms in the middle of the store with all these colourful birdies, IRNs! Most were jumping around and playing, one little baby green, was just sitting there looking up at us like he was telling us something, he was trying to have a nap in between all the noise. I think I said, 'Daddy I want him' *Veruca Salt from Charlie and Chocolate Factory voice*, Dad thought he was a little expensive, but being Dad, he can't say no :P, so Daddy brought him home! He made a T stand, and we put him on the stand. Our new birdie just sat there, looking at us, we would pet him and he would just sit there, he was perfect and didnt seem scared at all.
I knew nothing about IRNs back then and probably should of researched them before, but I think we were pretty lucky with Jibby, hes always been an angel. Now, he just so cuddly and affectionate (except for breeding season of course!). Hes such a mummys boy and a little lazy, just a content, laid back personality!!
Well a little over a year ago I thought, we'd give another birdy a go, my partner said it was an early xmas pressie.. ok I nagged him! I was thinking of another species, but decided on another IRN. I rang a few breeders and found the one for us. Soon after we had Yoda. Naughty as he might be, I love their complete opposites in personalities! I love Yodas confidence and hes always jumping around being silly! I didnt want to force a relationship, I wanted Yoda to come to me.. and its taken a year, but Yoda loves to be with me now, preen me, talk to me and give me kisses. YAY. Still wont let me pet him, but were getting there. I just love them both and wouldnt give them up for the world!

Oh I believe some pet shops really do look after their birds, I know of 2 in Melbourne that do so. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
leo

hi all

Post by leo »

yea...it really fun to have IRN...we have diffrent way in finding our fid...i love to read all these story...i feels warm...hehe anc cute sometimes
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............