Is he feeding her?

Moderator: Mods

lauramelvin

Is he feeding her?

Post by lauramelvin »

I had to go out of town all day (doctor appt) so I put plenty of food and water in their cages. Jade had escaped her cage, I am not sure how long she had been out. This morning they are doing something I have never seen them do before. They are putting their beaks together and bobbing their heads, it really looks like when a momma bird feeds a baby. He even puts a wing around her. They did this for quite a while then Jade kept bugging Joe to keep doing it but he wanted to stop. He wanted to eat but she kept doing the little whistle and flying to him and bobbing her head at him until I finally put her in his cage so he could eat his breakfast.
Is this something I should let them do? or should I try to stop it? or are they bonding? Jade (IRN)is 9 weeks and Joe (Senegal) is 15 months.
LOL Jade is mad I won't let her out of her cage and Joe is eating like he is the one who got stuck out of the cage.
Angelface

Post by Angelface »

sounds like he's feeding her! I dont have a whole lot of experiance with young birds but as long as they both are eating and otherwise well, I don't see the harm in this. I dont know what others will have to say though if they have anything at all to say! :P not a lot of posting goes on here!!
as long as it's not interfering with much it should be ok. I'd ask your breeder of the IRN about this behaviour though if you have more questions