What a silly bird I have.

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

laine

What a silly bird I have.

Post by laine »

Tonight, as always, I had a shower and Smokey comes with me. He sits on his line, chats, whistles etc. When I come out I ALWAYS put on my blue dressing gown. It’s my cosy one and I wear it regardless of the weather. Tonight, however, is just too hot even for me (summer here in Australia), so I rummaged through my drawers and found a nice summer gown. I haven’t worn it for a long time. I walked back into the ensuite and there was Smokey, peering round the door to see what I was doing in the bedroom. I had not kept to routine. I don’t usually do that. Anyway, I started to unfold the silky gown and work out all the ties etc. Smokey started calling out hysterically “What you doin?” over and over and throwing in the occasional “WHAT THE !!!’ in a high pitched squeeling tone. He had never seen this gown before and it was as if he was telling me “Hey mum that’s not what you put on after your shower”. He didn’t like it. When I finally put it on, he wouldn’t step up on my hand till I assured him it was still me??? Then when we got over that, he wouldn’t sit on my shoulder, he would only stay on my hand. He definately didn’t like the change. I am now in the lounge and he keeps coming over to me, having a little peck at the material and then leaving. He is just not sure of it. It’s not that it’s even loud and overwhelming, it’s a cream color with pastel pink roses. He just didn’t appreciate the change of routine. What a silly bird I have. He doesn't respond in this way to my day clothes, especially new clothes. I don't think he even notices my new clothes (but that's a male thing anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: . )
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Its so so funny when they tell you what to wear! They are sensitive to bright colours. I know Jibby hates the colour orange and bright reds, luckily I don't wear the colour orange or bright red! But the telephone/internet repair man does... and boy does he get screamed at! They definately notice when somethings just not the same. I got my long hair cut off recently, at first they just looked at me like 'What has she done!' Then they got curious and now I can't get them off my hair! They don't notice new clothes if they are light pastel colours or blacks and whites. Colours are a big no no according to birds. hehe.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Baz

Post by Baz »

lol what a funny bird - he sounds great, did he accept it in the end? Smokey is really nice btw.
laine

Post by laine »

Thanks. He did eventually get used to it. It has been very hot in Melbourne the lately and I have also now discovered he doesn't like me bare skinned shoulders. He prefers something to grip onto so when I wear a singlet top, he is very confused and doesn't know how to get comfortable on me. Poor Smokey. :?
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

I also own dogs who chew doggie treats on thecouch, so I cover it with a sheet. Iwent to change the sheet today and threw a bright yellow one on. Gigi screeched his head off, came out of his cage and challenged the blanket! I didn't know the whole birds and bright colors, but I took it off anyway. Guess I'm off to buy black sheets!