Christmas greetings n some big news on my not-so-little baby

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

Christmas greetings n some big news on my not-so-little baby

Post by ambros1a »

Hey Everyone!

Its been so long since ive had a chance to really sit down and read up on things here, everyones fids are looking so happy n healthy.

First of all Merry Christmas to everyone and their families. Hope you all have a safe and happy one, where ever you are or what your doing. Well just do the regular family thing lol go to everyones places for more n more food lmao.

Second of all, my baby is growing up so damn fast. We have discovered the most beautiful almost champagne coloured ring coming through! Please excuse the beak condition =\ it looks awful, but they insist on smashing their beaks against the water and food dishes, and theyve been hitting the wood blocks pretty hard lol theyll need replacement very soon.

I never expected that. lol. Always figured 'albino = no ring' lmao ive since been told im wrong, ive just never seen it.

Archimedes has been with us for 1 year now, today lol :D so Happy birthday (kinna) Arcie!!!!
Our other addition, indie is good, but still plucking feathers (hence his bare bum when we got him) but now its around his neck. ive been told either vitamin deficiency or lice, and we know its not lice so, vitamins, since he refuses to eat most fruit n veges.

Lastly, we've decided to spend our 2 weeks holidays preparing a new 'home' for the fids, we got a wooden frame we will turn into a birdie play area/home for them, will post pics when we get it finished. Time to get rid of the cage we think. Theyre too dependent on it, and are to scared to come out of their room since the move, arcie can fly now so he does, right back to where he wants to be. Try removing him from the cage and he simply does a circle around our heads, right back to the top of the cage, away fro you lol cheeky llil bastard! rofl. Clipping time again we think.

Thats about my update lol.
Hope everyone is well. Will try to drop in more often :D
Take care guys *hands peanuts for the fids and boxes of shortbread cookies to the adults*.

Emma, Adam, Baby/Loki, Archimedes and Indianna.
Lene

Post by Lene »

OMG... he's beautiful!
Cheers

Lene
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

So glad to hear that all goes well. That pink ring is awesome! If you finish your little holiday project, pop on up, I have some bird projects here as well. Cheers,
MCS
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

What a little stunner .. Glad to hear from you :D

Merry Christmas and a safe and very Blessed New Year to you and yours !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

julie

Post by julie »

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

O M G!!!!!

Now he is absolutely stunning!!!!
I hope i hope! lmao.
Wow thats so great to see a pic like that ive tried hunting for a pic of a ringed albino and havent come across anything like that, so defined.

I was pretty amazed when i noticed that ring coming through. Thinking how the hell can an albino have colour pigment for the ring? lol

Will be sure to keep everyone posted on the ringing process :D so proud of my lil darling, almost all grown up. Which would explain why hes been so moody lately, lunging at me and fluffing the pretty white head up to look intimidating, eyes pinning like mad, flashing at me almost, and the lightning fast lunges, almost lost an eye yesterday. But adam doesnt have the same probs, baby just steps up for him, coz he knows daddy wont take his crap lmao.
ambros1a

Update

Post by ambros1a »

We are seeing more and more the Baby's ring each day, its slowly spreading around the back, and bit by bit getting darker around his neck. He's just starting to look so incredible.

Now, heres my problem. until babys ring started to come through, him n Archimedes were like best of friends. Welllllllllll... My rather HORMONAL boy is getting quite annoyed at Arcie. Now whether this is because of the ringing process and hormones, or babys jealousy that arcie has learnt recently that he can fly! But Baby will run around INSIDE the cage, with Arcie outside on top, and chase him underneath biting at his feet, pool lil thing he starts squawking so loudly. He does it whenever possible. Im wondering with Indianna flying around... it may even be a comination.

My question being, considering we HATE their cage, and are getting rid of it.. well, basically, do we now need to keep them separated? Them being Baby and Arcie, Indy is not left alone with them, and for the moment has the luxury of better flight.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.