Charli's adventures with Mozart our st bernard/sheppard mix

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

tiggerbewa

Charli's adventures with Mozart our st bernard/sheppard mix

Post by tiggerbewa »

Well i have only had my Charli for 2 months but he is keeping us amused. We have a st bernard/sheppard mix with the sweetest tempermant. We were so worried about them getting along we actually took the dog along to the airport. First meeting was in the car bird in carrier. Charli is fasinated with the dog wants to get up close and preen him. The dog at 140lbs wont have it he keeps running away.

So we let Charli hang on the bed and the dog comes up gets up on the bed with us. Charli sees the dog and goes down my arm and hops off onto the dog. The dog wasnt having it lol. He gets up to leave only Charli was still on him. Charli jumps off and the dog takes off. The dog has actually been very sweet to Charli from a distance that beak freaks him out I think. They of course are always supervised.
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

thats adorable its funny how dogs and other animals seem to be afraid of birds i can just imagine the dog running off scared :lol:
Donna

Post by Donna »

Just be very careful accidents do happen and they happen quick.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Melika

Post by Melika »

Sometimes Tsume is frightened off his playstand and lands on Zoe, who is the most frightened of them all. So a scared bird on a scared dog... Zoe begin to run but Tsume won't let go because he's too scared. :?

Zoe isn't allowed near the playstand anymore when the birds are down. She likes to 'glean'...
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Funny how animal can be soo the opposite of nature.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

tiggerbewa you had me laughing out loud with your tale
lauren i know what you mean about animals being the opposite of nature, i have one cat who gets scared of guppies & will run and hide if they try to look at her & another cat who chases rotwiellers of the property
and a bird who tells my cat off for recieving pats off me
and a dog whos scared of kittens (but not of the cat who attacks dogs)
& i was always told that the teenagers would be the confusing ones
:? :lol: :? :lol: