Help!...Whats wrong with my IRN?

Moderator: Mods

speedcrazee

Help!...Whats wrong with my IRN?

Post by speedcrazee »

I went on July 4th and bought my husband the birdie hes always wanted...Aries was in great shape for the first 5 days then on the 6th day he started showing signs of being sick. First it was diahrrea...Which I thought I had caused by feeding him too much kiwi and apples...then when we went to uncover him in the morning we noticed he had his beak tucked in his back (underwing?)...I know from experience from one of my cockatiels that passed on that this wasnt good...So I fed him some Survive and kept an eye on him....He bounced back real quick...He was doing so good in fact he ate more than his normal at his 8pm feeding...We have him on Kaytee formula....anyway...He was doing good last night when we covered him up but this morning when we uncovered him he was back to having his head tucked and very very lethargic....the thing that baffles me is the fact that his stools are not runny anymore...they are good and normal ..or as normal as they can be with him on formula and fruit...I cant get him to eat seeds yet....

So anyone have any idea whats going on here?

Thanks for reading...
Speedcrazee
speedcrazee

Post by speedcrazee »

Thanks anyway.....I was on the way to the vet and he passed on....
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

IRN's hate their cages covered. They are very sensitive and feel too isolated when covered. Don't cover the cage for a night. Bet you'll see a difference!
Angelface

Post by Angelface »

Very sorry to hear about the passing of your bird :(

did you find out what was wrong with him? some birds sleep with their beak tucked into their back, I know many parrots that do that. but the diahrrea was not a good sign. what did your vet say about him??