Yodas personal servant!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Yodas personal servant!

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Well, Jibs is over his bell humping and covering his bell in 'love', now he can't leave Yoda alone for 2 seconds. Follows his boss everywhere! Always lower on the perch, behind never in front of Yoda, patiently waits for Yoda to finish bathtime before he jumps in, even bows his head if Yoda looks at him! Now, if Yoda drags his tail, Jibs promptly picks it up gently and preens it for him. What a good servant! He does this all without fuss. Yodas got him trained! Yoda even 'divides' the food! Not always fairly though, this is where I intervene! Yodas 'personal space' is getting smaller and hes allowing Jibs to come closer, they play 'tonguey' together (they just touch tongues!). Yoda always calls the shots though and tells him 'Yeeeah! :evil:' when hes had enough of being stalked. :D
Guess what? I may be able to use a camera with video SOUND soon. So finally, I can show you all how they talk. YAY!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Donna

Post by Donna »

I think Yoda is going to turn out to be Yolanda!! :lol:

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Why must they confuse us! Its just not fair.
Yoda has not really shown any female behaviour, always dancing. But.. with the way Jibs is 'love struck'.. I don't know! I've never seen Jibs act like this.. just completely struck with something! Or maybe Jibs is just erm.. batting for the other team. I do wonder about our boy. hahaha.
Gotta give him credit for trying soo hard to make friends. He never gives up, he backs down when Yoda puts him in his place, but 2 seconds later hes back trying to preen and kiss the little guy/girl!
But gosh, I'm going to be shocked if Yoda turns out to be Yolanda. What to do! :shock: My 'mother bird' instincts are saying Boy still. :wink:
nil

Post by nil »

I think Yoda is going to turn out to be Yolanda!!

maybe and maybe not
i had 2 males, brothers, who was very loved. they wanted not females and prefered to live together.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: I think its a matter of 'I'm just happy I've got a birdie friend and I'll love them no matter what.' We can learn alot from watching birds interact. Example, Jibs doesn't seem to care when he has to eat and bath second, he knows he'll get his equal share, but when Yodas really trying to annoy him, he will just turn his back with a little grumble and that seems to do the trick. Hes got it all worked out to his advantage. He only allows Yoda to get away with things but I know he can stand his ground if he tried, I've seen him. :D