I'm interested in Indian RingNecks

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

mary-ivt

I'm interested in Indian RingNecks

Post by mary-ivt »

:D Hi, my name is Mary. My husband and I own 5 large macaws. And one dog. I love the macaws and my husband and I have successfully home fed and raised our first clutch. They have gone to good homes. The macaws are actually my husbands birds, I do the photography and journaled the growth of our baby macaws. My hands are very arthritic and I would like to have a couple smaller birds that are easier for my fingers to handle. I have seen some beautiful photos of the INRs and some captivating videos. They just might be the birds for me.
AJPeter

Re: I'm interested in Indian RingNecks

Post by AJPeter »

Hallo Mary, welcome where are you?
mary-ivt

Post by mary-ivt »

Currently I am in the greater St Louis, Missouri USA area. We are in the process of building a home in Florida. Once we settle there I will get my little birds. It is going to be a huge process to take our flock back and forth a couple of times before we permanently settle in. So I won't add to any bird discomfort by adding more birds now. I'm in study birds mode.
BirdLover80

Post by BirdLover80 »

Hello, Mary and welcome. :D You said because of your hands you'd like a smaller bird than a macaw. While IRNs are considerably much smaller than macaws, cockatiels might also be a viable option for you. Cockatiels can be just as vocal, make great companions, and are about half the size of a IRN. If you want a talker though, I'd recommend getting a male. Good luck to you!