latest words

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

laine

latest words

Post by laine »

I have a grin from ear to ear. Smokey is talking more and more. His words are getting clearer and clearer every day. The latest addition to his vocabulary is "You're so pretty". I have said before that he loves anything with the word 'pretty' in it so 'hello pretty bird/boy' has also become quite popular. To add to the joy he also practices his words whilst sitting on or around me as apposed to before when he used to chatter when I left the room - more to keep himself company and as soon as I appeared he would stop. it's so cute as some of you will already be experiencing. :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww.. Go Smokey! What a good boy! :D

Yodas only really copied Jibby which is a pain because Jibs can't talk, well.. with clarety.. thats fine with me! I don't mind. But I swear Yodas going to be a talker. Yodas only just starting to form some of 'my' words. I think he may be trying to say my partners name 'Rory'. He also trys to say 'I love you' and 'Hello' but its sounds like 'Woo ooo'. The only clear words hes got is 'Yeh Yeh Yeeeah! *Grr*!' when hes told to go to bed and even does a little 'stomp stomp grrowl stomp stomp grrowl!' when he knows its time for bed in his own cage! I'm waiting for the door to slam next just like a child throwing a tantrum!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
laine

Post by laine »

Funny you should say that about the word Hello. Although he is improving 'hello' still sounds like woo ooo. I know what he's saying :D and sometimes you can here he's really trying to do better :lol: especially if he wants what you have in your hands. :lol: Perfect clarity or not he is still very cute to listen to.
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Congratulations!

Keep training him, and dont forget to post video of him if he is ready to show us his talking skill.