scary incident

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

alana8819

scary incident

Post by alana8819 »

hi all well cookie had a minor accident first of all he is fine and well had him checked over just a bit of shock. I was vacuuming cookie never goes near the vacuum but curiosity got the better of him, well i was using the vacuum without the end on so i could get in the corners i turned away for a second to see what my partner wanted then i heard the most horrible noise to ever come out of cookies beak his head was stuck in the vacuum i turned it off and grabbed him calmed him down and off we went to the vet needless to say cookie was fine i was just about dead from panic and feeling like the worst person in the world. cookie is back to his old self but it could have ended so messy i thank my lucky stars there was no serious damage besides cookie now being petrified of the vacuum.
saint

Post by saint »

well , glad to hear he's ok but ......

:lol: :lol: :lol:
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

:shock:

I just read this out to my kids, and on reading it a second time, feeling shocked and concerned for you, but I just couldn't help but snicker. I know this is serious, but honestly, picturing that happening to Jordan and then my kids standing here telling me, "Can you imagine Jordan calling out (with an echo up the vacuum pipe) "What are you doing"? " .. just got a giggle going and now I am laughing at the thought of it.

I know I know I am soooo sorry. It is a serious matter and you must have been beside yourself, God knows I would too. But knowing cookie is ok and just thinking about it, kinda tickles me.

:roll: Maybe I am just in a weird **** mood after sending out 5 job applications, attending a 1 hour interview, driving an hour there and back, dealing with kids, birds, and a million other things.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Man! These birds get into so much trouble! Screw the life-span... curiousity kills them first :lol:

Kyria use to tell me 'clipped birds can fly! Be careful'! I use to brag, not MY Baby! Well, he is over two now and well...

Clipped birds can fly just fine if they want/need to. Baby no longer goes everywhere with me. In fact, he doesnt go hardly anywhere with me now compared to when he was younger... not worth the risk.

Youre a fine mama. :lol:

**** happens!
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

thats the scary thing isn't it mikaela, when they are first clipped they are grounded, but nature has creatures adapt to anything and before long their wings build up strength and they learn how to use their limited abilites to hop, partially fly, and if a wind picks up or they are suddenly frightened, they can fly quite a distance. There is also the issue of flights growing back, often its not noticed that the flight feathers are infact coming, just not full in length yet, but they give a good enough shorter canopy to gain some lift.

Its just not worth risking.

As Mikaela said .. You are a good Mama, things happen and we must watch and expect them. Just like a child there are so many dangers in the home we just aren't aware of that we only become aware of once we have a close call with our babies. Its just a fact of life, don't feel guilty, just take it on board .

*hugs*
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

after everything was alright my partner couldnt stop laughing :roll: and after getting the all clear i must admit he looked pretty funny kinda reminded me of when my brother got his head caught in the springs of the trampoline :lol:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh no! So happy to hear Cookie is Ookay! I can just picture it now. Poor lil guy. Well, atleast his face didn't change in the wind. Lol sorry I couldnt help it. Seriously, Curiosity is a dangerous thing. This is something I'm worried about. Yoda has suddenly become an adventurous, curious bugga lately, I'm just waiting for him to do something silly. Already tried to have a bath in the dirty dish washing water in the sink, and almost eaten something he shouldn't. :roll: Cant take your eyes off the buggas for 2 seconds.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
rocketsmummy

Post by rocketsmummy »

i am sooooo glad he is ok! but i too have to admit i chuckled whilst reading this and so did my family lol
i had a great mix of emotions fear and laughter ,poor darlingxxxx :shock: :lol: