Screaming

Moderator: Mods

Anetsuperstar

Screaming

Post by Anetsuperstar »

I've had my ringneck, Merlin, for almost 2 years now. He talks a lot, which if fine and exactly what we wanted. The issue is that he just recently started screaming in the morning, while we're still in bed, instead of his usual talk. This is new behavior and we haven't done anything different to make him want to scream. What should we do? Is he going through something? Please help. :?

Thanks!
Annette
MissK

Re: Screaming

Post by MissK »

Is winter coming where you are? Got mice?
-MissK
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Maybe he has found loud vocalisations get him attention?
It is pretty hard to tell what is going on from a short post, please provide more details. What time does he start vocalising? Have you made any noise to indicate you are awake? What do you do when he does vocalise loudly? What does he have in his cage to keep him amused? Are you in northern or southern hemisphere? How many hours sleep does he get? How dark is his room at the time?
MissK

Post by MissK »

The way I'm reading this is that he is screaming early in the morning where before he was talking at the same time? Is that right? Screaming while you're in bed bothers you but talking does not? Or am I not reading it right?
-MissK
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

If his cage is covered at night, he should be completely quiet until the cover is removed.