aviary vs cage

Moderator: Mods

kizza

aviary vs cage

Post by kizza »

Hi all,
I have just taken in 2 semi tame ringnecks, a lutino and a cinnamon due to people buying them and thinking they were going to super friendly and cuddly but weren't super friendly and cuddly, and they didn't have the time or know how in training. The lutino, Sunny will step up if away from her cage and go for a little ride and the cinnamon, Brodie and I are working on stepping up and they both wont venture any further than the cage when let out each night'no matter how much I try and get them to. I currently have them in cages up the house with me and my 2 house birds, Pina and Archie the conures, and I also have 3 other ringnecks in an aviary who I hope to breed with the re-homes later on. Question is, would the semi tame birds be better off in the aviary with the other ringnecks or up with me and the conures? At the end of the day, breed or not, I just the birds to as happy as they can be.
Thanks
rickyc

Re: aviary vs cage

Post by rickyc »

If your going to put them in avairys make sure when it comes to breeding season you only put one pair in as the hens will end up fighting as they get very territorial