My buuurrdsss

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

Tacey

My buuurrdsss

Post by Tacey »

I unfortunately dont own an indian ringneck but....heres my budgies, Sid and Codi!

This is Codi

And heres Sid

Bird crazy

cute fids

Post by Bird crazy »

They are really pretty little things. Looks like they enjoy you
too.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Ohana

Post by Ohana »

What pretty little things, I just love their colors. I used to have one that looked like Sid.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Tacey they are beautiful!! Sid looks like my boy Citron, love how they interact with the camera, stunning!
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

aww they are both lovely and great pics too :D . Sid reminds me of my mums budgie Max.

Do you know how well budgies pick up language. Sometimes it's hard to understand, but mum's Max omg ! he talks up a storm, he immitates the chooks and says "Here Chooky Chooky" and clucks, he says "RRRRRRRRRRing ya bell" "RRRRRRRRing ya bell Max" .. "Pretty boy max", "Good boy max", "where's catty", (yes mum has a cat too). He sits on the window and tries to feed the lorikeets that come to see him, so he immitates their sounds, he says "Where is daniel, Where is joel" these are my nephews who stay at my mums alot , he asks "what are you doing" he whistles Eine Kleine Nachtmusik with alot of tremalo, and the list goes on and on. I am trying to get them to record him one day.

Max has a favorit bell that he does ring, its haning on a long chain, he will fly to it, hold the chain with one foot and grab just behind the bell and begin to shake it, just like a human would, its so cute.

He chatters the most when the kettle is boiling first thing in the morning, and its like a big long conversation

Sorry to go off braggin on my mums bird, but I just wondered if you knew how incredibly well budgies can pick up things.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Tacey

Post by Tacey »

Thanks everyone :D

Kyria; Yes I have a friend whose budgie talks alot :) I think they are less likely to talk if you have them in pairs though, my Sid has picked up a few noises such as giggeling hehe but neither of them really ''talk''. They are still very noisy though! They just enjoy making their general budgie chatter!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww what sweeties! I love their teeny little beaks. :wink: Thanx for sharing!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

they are so cute too. They look like such a cheeky little pair.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

what great shots! I wish mine were that tame, but I have a dozen, so they are much more interested in discussing me with the other budgies than listening to what I have to say :roll: . Your ringie is out there somewhere!!
MCS