my babies

Moderator: Mods

mattyboardman

my babies

Post by mattyboardman »

well 3 of my babies have come out into the cage now but when i walk into the room they shoot back into the box.

so i cannot tell when they are eating or not.

all i want to no is when can they go to there new homes ?
i dont want to send them now and them not eating on there own.the small

one is still in the box i think he is around 3 weeks younger by the size / feathers on him/her

any idea's ?

i have seen one of them drink water but thats about it lol

HELP !
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
Donna

Post by Donna »

I suggest you pull these babies now and put them in a seperate cage. It will be easier for you to observe their eating. Are these babies going to homes of experienced bird people that know the difference between hand raised and parent raised? Their going to have a much more difficult time trying to tame them now. You need to start this process before they go to their new homes.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

i pulled them out and handtamed them but the parrents aint handtamed and they follow the parrents thats all when i get them out the box they are fine sit on my finger / hand / shoulder etc they are very tame and dont try to bite. just because there mother / father divs into the box fast they follow them.

i was going to put them into a cage on there own but what if they are not eating ?

and put all 3 babies in a cage together or all in there own cage?
Donna

Post by Donna »

How old are these babies? If there coming out and perching chances are their old enough to be in a separate cage and should be at least eating some on their own. If you see their not eating enough then do a hand feeding at night. These babies are getting to use to the parents and it's going to be harder and more stressful on them if you wait any longer.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

ok i will take them out of the cages and watch them overnight to see if they feed or not thanks for the advice ! ill see what happens
Donna

Post by Donna »

Matty I wish you luck with your babies. I've been around breeding birds my whole life and the only ones my father would leave in the nest box for the parents to raise was the ones he wanted to breed when they got older.

Donna :D
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

im still learning breeding i may do it better next time i didnt take them from the parents i jsut took them out every day and they dont bite or aint scared. but next time they mate i will take them from day 10 onwards because im more upto date because of this website now.

thanks for your time on helping me out donna !