Seizures

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

Michelle

Seizures

Post by Michelle »

Hi guys, how are you'll? Hope all is doing well. Have not been on this web-site in a long time because I have been rebuilding my home back since Katrina. But I do have a question. I bought my neice a very young hand fed parakeet and after having the bird for a couple of months, the bird started having little seizures. Well, Piere' was found dead in his little bath water. My main question is what causes these seizures? I'm not sure if the seizure killed him or he drown while having a seizure. Really curious about this. Thanks, Michelle
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Michelle I am sorry I missed this... seizures are scary and for the most part we don't now what causes them. My IRN Datsun is epileptic and has just had his latest seizure this morning, I cried and held him until it passed. Luckily my boys prognosis is ok, he will survive if they do not worsen. I am so sorry your niece lost her budgie :cry:

Other causes of seisures can be toxins in their system, bad diet, extreme stress or in D's case epilepsy
-Chamon-

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh dear, so sorry we missed you over here. I'm so sorry to hear of your nieces friends passing. :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year