Jasmine the Umbrella baby

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Jasmine the Umbrella baby

Post by kyria »

Here she is First day home:-

At the store

Home at last

I have four weeks to enjoy her and the family before I head home to my family (hubby,kids and fids) Boy am I gonna need breeding season to start so I can love on some baby IRN's and Quakers.
Last edited by kyria on Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Donna

Post by Donna »

OMG Angie is that bird ever going to be absolutly spoiled!! It's good that the children are taking a big interest in her. I have a couple sites that you can go to for Cockatoo's I hope you don't mind if I post them.

http://www.all-about-cockatoos.com/nl/newb/Nbnl9.htm This one is an e-book and I just bought it and it has so much info in it. It just cost 17.00 and they send you the link to the e-book and you down load it to your computer.

Another one is mytoos.com Lots of info but you don't want to join the message board. They don't beleive in breeding or buying a baby from a pet store. This site is strongly against anybody owning a too so don't let it scare you.

Hope this helps your friends out some. The e-book is a gotta have though.

More pic's please

Donna :D
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Thankyou so much Donna. I was just looking for too sites, so she has plenty of info and backup when I am gone.

I do hope I find a good chat forum for her, I think they are such an essential thing when times call for help and support. i joined Toolady's , just waiting on confirmation of membership.

I will def post more pics over the coming weeks. just took some of her first spray bath, so as soon as I get a chance to upload them I will post them.

She is going to be as hard to leave behind as the family I am staying with.

:cry: but ... I must make the most of the next four weeks.

:D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Donna

Post by Donna »

Angie please sign her up on

www.exoticbirds.us/forum There's so many people over there that know pretty much about any bird you have and we're pretty friendly too!! Dave is a moderator and a bird behaviorlist any problem you have he can tell you how to go about fixing it. It will also bring Lisa and I closer because we have babies in common and we can share problems that we might both be having.
:D

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Cool I will do that for her :D

Here are the pics of Jazzy's first spray bath, well the end result really.

Lisa couldn't believe how clean she came up afterwards. She was rather tainted and dirty, she had colour on her feathers from the pellets she eats, and when we pet her you could see bare skin rather than nice fluffy down between her feathers.

Once she had a spray and a good clean she came up really white, the yellow under her wings took on a glow and the fluffy down between her feathers came up all fresh and soft, no more big blank spots of pink flesh. She looks 100% and is getting really playful, she makes the most adorable clucking chicken type noises. I think she is going to be a real talker.

Donna ? .. Do you know how to tell sex other than a dna test ?
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Look at that gorgeous beak and those toes. OMG I just want to kiss em! :shock: Jazzy looks like a cuddly lil monster!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Ok I stuffed up .. I have been spelling Jasmines name wrong, I spelt it Jasmin and it should be Jasmine if it is after the flower. So when I joined that site as JasminsMum I realised my mistake, deleted the account to make a new one as JasminesMum, but now the system will not allow me to make multiple accounts from the same computer. Donna ?? Help !! lol
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

omg .. PC we just can't help ourselves, we kiss on her beak and body and everywhere .. ALL the time .. she is so damn cute. And when she gets all excited and starts raising her crest and bouncing .. We could just eat her up.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Ok .. Donna .. I panicked too early. I just had to wait a little while for the system to catch up on the deleted account. I have now re registered as JasminesMum for Lisa. :wink:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Donna

Post by Donna »

Got it babe! When cockatoo's are fully mature you can tell by their eye's but of course this is not 100% either. A female can have brownish to red even black eye's but a male will only have a black eye. B.J.'s mom had a red eye. I had him DNA'd sexed because I wanted to know what I was going to be up against when he is older. I think females are a bit more melow when the hormones kick in at around 6 years old.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
conurelover2007

Post by conurelover2007 »

I love cockatoos. This one is a cutie pie. My friend had a Moluccan I think that is the spelling.