Hi Everyone! I'm so glad I found you!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

chick

Hi Everyone! I'm so glad I found you!

Post by chick »

I am brand new to the bird world, so I hope you'll be able to forgive my complete ignorance when it comes to birds. To tell the truth, I actually strongly disliked birds about a month ago. But then I got involved with an IRN. I'm a vet tech student and we have an IRN at our school. Since I didn't like birds, I had as little to do with him as possible over the last year and a half. But then about a month ago, I got stuck with the job of cleaning his cage. I was trying my hardest to clean it without taking him out, but then I looked at him, sitting there looking at me, and I felt bad for the little guy. So I reluctantly opened the cage, let him climb up on my finger, and held him up in front of my face where I could take a better look at him. That's when he leaned forward and stuck his beak right between my eyes and started chirping, clicking, and making cat call whistles at me. I'm sure all of you can imagine that that was pretty much it. Now I'm in love with the bird. So now I want to learn all I can about IRN's. From the looks of it, I'll be able to learn a lot from this site. So I look forward to talking with all of you!
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I am so excited to read this post and I welcome you to the site. It gladens my heart to hear how this wonderful lil creature broke through your mind set and made friends with you. They are irresistable.

When a dog or cat accepts a human its just an expected and usual thing, but for a bird to take to you that's something special.

Read away, learn, ask as many questions as you want and if you could we would love!!! to see pics. Does this darling little baby have a name, is it Chick ?

Again Welcome I am so glad you are a bird lover now and also a part of our family.

:D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Ah ! just read your post under the video section. The beautiful little boys name is Sunny :D

Can I ask where abouts in the world are you located ?
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

chick

Post by chick »

Hi Angie!

Thanks for the welcome. His name is actually Sunny. Chick is just one of my nicknames. My real name is Tami, by the way.

You're right, they are irresistable little creatures. :)

I'll work on taking some more photos of him so I can share them. I posted a video of him in the video thread if you want to check him out in action.

Thanks again for the welcome!
chick

Post by chick »

Oops. You beat me to the post. :) I'm in California.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Hiya Tami,

Ahh ! a CallyChick :wink:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

hey, welcome to this forum:) We look forward to hearing about Sunny! Believe me, ringnecks are very neat creatures and they never seem to stop fascinating me! Glad to have you here and we look forward to your posts!

Best Wishes, :wink:

Imran Chaudhry
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Hi Tami! Welcome to you and your new buddy. Are you looking to work in a small animal or mixed practice? Maybe we can get you hooked enough on birds to want to work with an avian vet!
MCS
chick

Post by chick »

Thanks for all the nice welcomes! :)

Cats- I haven't really narrowed it down for sure yet, but it did occur to me yesterday that I could work for an avian vet. Now I know I'm really hooked. :wink:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

What a beautiful introduction to the land of IRNs! Welcome. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year