Does your IRN have a favorite toy ?

Moderator: Mods

Shikoba's Mommy

Does your IRN have a favorite toy ?

Post by Shikoba's Mommy »

If so, what is it ?

Shikoba has TONS of toys that I spent a fortune on but she rarely plays with them. Instead she claimed a cap to my husbands inhaler as her own and she carries it all over the place. It looks funny but is very cute to see her with it in her beak. And she has a bell that she bangs into the side of the cage if I walk through the room without talking to her, she is worse than my 2 toddlers when it comes to temper tantrums.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Jibby has a toy bell that hes had since he was a baby. Its the only toy he'll play with. Ive tried other toys, but he loves his bell. In mating season, he 'feeds' it and well.... relieves his sexual frustrations on it. :oops:

Oo yeh, they really know how to throw a tantrum. Jibby is a spoiled brat. He paces up and down his perch, screaming and lunging at everything in his cage if he doesnt get what he wants. Naughty birdy.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Gilbert is a NUT!

Show her the video of him courting the bell!

*Laughs and nudges PSchick*
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hehe, sometimes I wonder about that lil birdy. *big grin, shakes head*

Hes been back at it in the last week. Hes not afraid to do it when I have guests over either. Its quite embarrassing. Hehe. :roll:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

And thats when he stole my heart! Now you have a piece of it too! :)
~ Mikaela Sky

coz

Post by coz »

Clive my green irn loves anything I give to him. Within 2 minutes he's down checking it out. There isnt anything that I have given to him that he doesnt like.
Maybe it just his age he's only about 5 months I hope he stays like that. It's lovely to see.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby has a think with lighters! Grrr, so unsafe! He dashes for any lighter her sees and if he gets to it he tears at it with his eyes pinning like a pure freak.

He always contacts calls when I take it from him. Dont back talk me boy! :wink:

Wish, like cell phones, they made fake lighters. They make toy guns... I'll never figure that one out. Never bought my boys one until they got old enough for paint guns... different train of thought in their awakened doing. Its about hitting the target then, not killing it.

As I am Native American, Cherokee, they certainly never played cowboys and Indians. :?
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yoda likes anything, snatches anything I offer him from me and looks at me like 'thats MINE!' :evil: he hasnt quite got the idea of taking something nicely yet and if I take something from him he contact calls. He does this with Jibby too. Yoda will run up to Jibbys bell and snatch it from him then growls at him, Jibby runs away and then slowly trys to steal the bell back, being very watchful of Yoda. Once hes got it back hes mastered the art of picking the chain up and running with it. Theyve even had a tug of war before! Funny :shock:
Shikoba's Mommy

Post by Shikoba's Mommy »

Oh my ..... that video is funny. I couldn't believe how bad of a temper she had the first time I seen it, such a little bird and a HUGE attitude. Maybe he likes the lighters because of the shiney part.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I think he likes it for that and because he sees so many people use them. Whats his is his and whats ours is his. :roll:

He stands really erect, eyes pinning as if to say... try to take it :evil: .

I aint scared of him... know dat. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Lovy has plenty of toys but she rather play what Im playing or handling, like computer, ps2, piano, and anything that I hold.
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

She also play with her toys when she is by herself, but when she see me doing something, she is like "forget these toys I have to go check out what my boss are doing!" lol
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

fred is very slow to accept anything new in his cage and the only "toys" he really enjoys are the fruit and seed treat sticks..... bells scare him and bright colored wood blocks might eat him....balls attack him and all the rawhide and pull-apart toys money can buy are all subjects of terror! he's a treats only kinda guy....
Rico's Mom

Jadens Favorite Toy

Post by Rico's Mom »

anything she can shred in 2 minutes lol, I thought Quakers were shredders,she can out shred my Quaker in a heart beat lol
bec

Post by bec »

kieron loves his red plastic perch & will "protect it from all other birdies
riku used to love the swing i made out of toys
orchid doesnt realy like toys
gen likes the rope coil with a hangy toy down the middle she plays "wheres gen?" on it
pickle realy hasnt shown much preferance for toys
& skeets favourite toy is ME!!!!!!!
Janet

Favourite toys

Post by Janet »

Two of my guys love a Croc they have called their own (a shoe not a crocodile). They drag it with them, try to carry it up their ladder, eat out of it and talk to it. I wash it every morning and put it back in their cage to play with during the day.

Another of my birds has fallen in love with a big yellow wooden bead he thinks is an egg. He makes little high pitched squeaks when he sees it and tries to sit on it. He is only about 6 months old.

They all like anything they can shred. My two lutinos (the Croc lovers) also LOVE my mobile phone and my laptop.

They have lots of parrot toys and they all enjoy throwing the toys off the table and onto the floor. My littlest baby, Summer, loves the foot toys more than the other three.

Flossie also loves shells. I live at the beach and I bring her back shells and keep them in a bowl on the coffee table. She perches on the edge of the bowl, sticks her head in and picks out her shell for the day.

They all absolutely love a tree branch with leaves to shred. They can demolish a branch between them in a day.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

My bird plays with any thing it see's.. 8)
airamee

Re: Does your IRN have a favorite toy ?

Post by airamee »

I don't think the pair I just got (my first INRs. I'm so proud!) have ever seen a toy. :cry: I really liked reading everyones replies. I think I am going to start out hanging something on the outside of the cage...
They are so easily spooked right now, I don't want to stress them out any more. Jeez, when I put in their FOOD they go bonkers!
Right now everyone in the big bird room is enjoying their own little swatch of cotton mop material. I think I'll try that, They have already seen it in everyone elses cages.
And then a Boing is definately in order. These guys are way too serious! Clinging to the side of the cage or sitting on one wooden perch. They haven't even tried the other 2 perches!
brunofam5141

Post by brunofam5141 »

hah everything that ISN'T a toy, is his favorite toy! he especially loves climbing into my coach purse -- what can i say? he's got good taste! its ridiculous. i cannot leave the purse on the counter because two seconds later, there he is right on top checking out whatever is inside. he's already gotten a few good bite marks on the leather straps too. and he really loves chewing on my cell phone cover and loves the buttons on the remotes, phones, game controllers etc. we got smart and started turning all of those items upside down so he can't get the buttons. but he's a smart little booger and has started trying to pull off the battery covers from the remotes, etc. OOO and he LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES trying to get the keys on the laptop keyboard. he's seriously obsessed. he's actually pulled a few keys off [that's what we get for turning our back for 5 seconds though, right?!]

as far as real bird toys goes...he has a coconut swing toy that he really likes to sit in. and there's this one bell toy that he constantly beats up. no really, he beats it up. like he's pissed at it. haha

he's such a funny, curious little guy. i love him!!
RMedz

Post by RMedz »

My bird apparently doesn't like toys... I bought everything I could for him, stairs to play with, wooden stuff, etc.... he just DESTROYS or RUNS AWAY from everything! -..-
                                                                                                                                 Facebook| Twitter
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

If your bird destroys a toy, that means it was a good toy. Possibly expensive, but good!

Ellie.
Richardnut

Does your IRN have a favorite toy

Post by Richardnut »

So, Ive rediscovered hazelnuts recently. I think theyre my favorite nut, replacing pistachios at my top. Theyre also less expensive than pistachios, which helps. So, what nuts are you into?
Willow2112

Post by Willow2112 »

They like foot toys like sisal balls and yucca chips.