Remembering 'Chicky'

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Remembering 'Chicky'

Post by Lauren »

Thought might send a msg to our Tiel in Rainbow Bridge.

We lost Chicky 6 years ago. Chicky was a plucker after he ripped his chest open after an accident. Dad took him to the vet. They gave him a big needle and sent him home. His wings were drooped. My lil sister was his 'mummy', he would only let her handle him. But we all loved Chicky very much. :cry:
One day, my dad was cleaning out Chickys cage outside and Chicky escaped even though his wings were clipped. My sister who was at primary school at the time was devestated. She was the only one that could call him to come to her. She cried for days. We left the cage outside for days and looked around the neighbours yards. But Chicky never came home. Id like to think Chicky is out there with all the wild tiels, maybe made it all the way to central or north Australia. But we've got to let go.

We loved you Chicky! I know you never got along with Gilbert but he still calls your name, everyday. CHICKY! (from Gilbert (Gibbee!) oxoxo RIP Chicky. We tried. :cry:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Chicky is flying free -- maybe in this world, maybe in the next. I'm sure he knows he was well loved!
MCS
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Rock on chickey :!:

We are survivors... lost but never to be forgotten... you little free spirited qypsy (as my granny use to call me).
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thanx. Chicky was our first bird. Wish I had the knowledge about birds like I do now. Has been a long time but we still remember lil Chicky and so does Gilbert I think. Gilberts first word was CHICKY! Now every bird he sees is Chicky. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year