Beak color

Moderator: Mods

Jungle bird

Beak color

Post by Jungle bird »

Hello to all. I have been a IRN owner for 3 years now. I started with a recue green female named Emerald, and aquired a baby female lutino, almost 2 years ago. Both my birds are large and very healthy. I feed, a diet of pellets, small parrot mix(all living world products) plus I cook rice,and veggies and give them fruit daily. My question is beak colorl My green girls beak has faded to a light red color over time, and my lutino girl has a light red beak which has recently darkened from being pink.

Now most Irn's I have ever seen have dark red beaks like my recently aquired breeding pair of lutinos. (The parents of my lutino girl). I do everything I am supposed to do including providing light and good diet, I want to know if I am doing something wrong that has caused their beaks not to be dark?

Please advise. I have asked and written other breeders and no one knows why this is.
Monica, and the Asian Jewels Aviary Residents
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

It seems very interesting that her beak color has changed. Yellow Ringnecks do not get the black beak markings on the lower beak or tip, like that of a green Ringneck. It seems that her diet is marvelous, so I don’t think that’s a problem. I would take the bird to the vet immediately because it could be something serious like PCD, which if kept untreated, will kill your breeding pair of ringnecks.

Don’t feel too alarmed though, she seems to be healthy form your discription. I would just get her checked to be safe.

Also, post a photo, so we may see her beak color. It could be something funny like a new mutation. Ya never know.

Welcome to this board and hope everything works out for you! :wink:

Best wishes,

KingTutOne.com