Planes?

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Planes?

Post by Lauren »

Over the last year Ive noticed Gilbert does 'the dance' and clucks to every plane that flys over our unit block. About a year ago we moved here and its close to the bussiest airport in the southern hemisphere. (based on the amount of planes departing/arriving.) Its only a small plane airport so the noise isnt a problem. But Gilbert seems to LOVE planes! Not just his beloved toy bell.

Weird? uhuh! :roll: Anyone elses fids like planes?
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Bird crazy

sounds

Post by Bird crazy »

My fids are aware of planes if I have them outside. Nila especially will be looking up at the sky and watching them. But don't have any that fly low close to us.

I do know that lots of birds go bonkers over the vaccume or hair dryer and they will dive into the water dish and bathe. Maybe it's the same thing with the noise of the plane.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh yes the vaccuum he does the same thing, does his male mating dance and makes a weird clucking noise that he ONLY does to planes and the vaccuum. But no bathing though. Might be the noise maybe? He also likes car rides alot and gets excited when you turn on the engine.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

all four of my IRN fids drive into their dishes when they hear the vaccum comming! Pepper calls really loud first then dives in.
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.