Newbie.

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

avril

Newbie.

Post by avril »

Hi Everyone.

A little about myself. My name is Avril and I live in Seymour N.E country Victoria on a farm along with Budgies, chooks, Ducks, fish, 1 goose, my hubby, M-I-Law and buster the best little fox catcher in the world.

I have never had IRN'S before so all is new to me, my only experience with birds is breeding budgies for the past 35/40 years and they are my pride and joy. I now only breed them for myself as I find it too hard to part with them big softie that I am.

I have just become the new owner of 4 yes 4 IRN's as they had to be rehouse because the young lad that had them his parents said they were too noisy and to sell them and get something less noisy for the innner city.

I think neighbours might have been complaining, anyway they are now coming to live with me on the farm.

I am getting them in about a months' time so their new aviary will be ready for them.

I know absolutely nothing about them so all help and advice is wanted please.

They are a breeding pair but I will not be going down that path for a long time being a novice at owning them.

The hen is a lutino, Male a Blue and their offspring 2 blues.

I have been to the Library, and a couple of breeders but all the more info the better.

Avril
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Welcome Avril! Another Aussie. We are making an invasion here!

Wow! 4 IRNs? Well done on making the decision to take these beautiful birds. You'll find this is the best place for finding out information about IRNs.

You can either, search and read posts or just ask a question. Someone is always here Ive noticed.

Hope to see pics soon. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Good thing about being a global board, we are here 24/7! How many budgies do you have (I am at 18 and holding.....and I promise I will give away some of the six babies, well....maybe). Four IRNs will be such fun! Can't wait to see the photos.
MCS
avril

Post by avril »

At the moment I have 30 budgies ranging in ages 3 days to about 3 years.

have a look here and you will see some of them as I have other pics to add to them.
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j17/a ... y/Budgies/
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Welcome Avril!

You have some cozy living conditions there! I felt like I was reading my story at one point in my life. My husband and I took in my Ex mother-in-law while she was sick.

She is a good woman, her son just sucked. She was always good to my son and I and we were always greatful to her for caring about us. I married very young... 15.

But, we all lived together at one time and I hated it! Looking back... I would give anything to have her living just across the yard again. She taught me a lot of things I needed to know that I was never taught before my granny died. I was almost ready to care for myself but not quite.

I was 15! I was grown! Ha! Kids... I was so in over my head but somehow pulled it all off.
~ Mikaela Sky

CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

What beauties you have! I would love an aviary, but suspect on the rare mornings like this when it is cold (think it froze last night) I would be out in the yard with heaters fussing over them. Also suspect it might not do much for resale value of the house (but would clean up the living room!). Ah well, better go earn some money, then I can think about it. Thanks for sharing!!
MCS
Bird crazy

welcome to the flock

Post by Bird crazy »

The budgies are really cute.
Hope things go well with the adoption of the IRN.
And thanks to you for giving them a home. :)

Four at once. You're gonna love them.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

hi and welcome to our humble home :D
~the stubborn one~
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

Welcome - another Aussie - great. I think that INRs will have a perfect home, don't you guys? Talk about a palace, from what you have in your photos your budgies really are lucky guys. - so many toys, ropes, ladders etc the INRs will adore you.
Anne
controlled by:
2 Poodles, 1 Maltese, 1 tiel, 3 INR's
Oh & a hubby