INTRODUCING GILBERT & YODA!!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

INTRODUCING GILBERT & YODA!!

Post by Lauren »

Hi Chickies! My names Lauren, from Melbourne Australia and Ive just brought home my second IRN named Yoda from a breeder. He has just fledged! My lil blue fluffy! :wink: Trying to tame he/she at the moment.. but still a little too stressed about the big move :( Hoping in the next few days Yoda will settle down.
I also have had my green male IRN named Gilbert for 6 years now and he is a character :D Gilbert says, 'what choo doin CHICKY!','Tweet!',' I love you!', and argues with me saying 'Yeh yeh yeeeeeah!' :D He also knows the meaning of the word 'NO' puffs up and pins at me when i tell him 'NO Gilbert!' :twisted:
He loves looking out the window from our 3rd story unit and talking to all the chickies. He has his favourite toy bell, that a few months ago he had 'chosen' as the one. (regurgitating and mating with it) Hes very spoiled, spends his day out of the cage and he likes to cuddle under my nose before bedtime then quietly puts himself to bed snuggled under his beloved bell! :wink:
Occasionaly his claw will start waving around, then he starts chattering away to it and scratching his head very slowly! Weird! Its like his claw is possessed! Im wondering if any other people have had this behaviour in Ringnecks?
So thats my flock love them heaps. I have photos but I was wondering how do I add them to posts?
Thanx Chickies.. Hope to post pics soon.
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Welcome! Looking foward to "meeting" Gilbert & Yoda.
MCS
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Welcome! Do post pics (there a set of instructions in the photo forum ;) ) and never think we'll tire of them.

Sounds like you got quite the handful now...just love new IRNS!

Dani
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Thanyou soo much chickies! I caught lil Yoda playing with his new toys thismorning.. he/she is settling in yay! But still not used to the environment yet.. It takes time :) Cant wait to find out if my baby is a boy or girl. Ohhhhh the long wait :( I think Gilbert is a lil jealous, I feel sibling rivalry in the air. Gilbert has been craving my attention a little more today, 'kissing' me endlesly and wanting cuddles all morning!
I hope to get some more photos soon so I can show the lil bub off, hehe :D
Thanx again
Bird crazy

Hello down there!!

Post by Bird crazy »

Glad to meet you and the fids.
Gilbert and Yoda sound adorable.

Hope to see those pics soon. Love the babies but love the big ones too.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

hello and welcome!
~the stubborn one~