Emotional video but made it though:

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Emotional video but made it though:

Post by Mikaela »

For the first time ever in Baby's life, he let me touch him. :cry:

I was speechless but wanted to get it on video as best I could. Wow.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing
~ Mikaela Sky

kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

Baby is so good!!! A big step for a little birdie! :D

You were talking about a trance. Isn't it that IRN's often goes into a trance in the shower? Jia didn't let me toutch him in the beginning in his room but in the shower ha has always let me toutch him.

Now we don't have at problem at all with that. But I was just curious when you menched trance.
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Im hoping I can use this 'trance' to teach him touch.

However, now he is PISSED, as if he feels violated. Not even spray millet made it better. :(
~ Mikaela Sky

Bird crazy

Yip-ee!!!

Post by Bird crazy »

Mik that is so great. I know others talk about a shower trance. Not Nila he jumps around and doesn't want me touching his wet feathers. He loves the shower though.

I hope you can extend the touch to other times. I love to snuggle Nila. He's bluffing this past week but today was way better. I took his play stand that was inside and put it on the lanai, since it's cooler now.
He stayed out there about all day and loved it and has been a perfect darlin since he came in. Maybe Baby just needs his routine messed up so he feels like he needs you. :?

I just hope whatever works and you get to pet him all the time :D

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

OMG Mik I am speechless hun...and so happy! That is the greatest way to get him used to touch...

*hugs*

Dani
Melika

Post by Melika »

It is, something about the shower makes birds more tolerant. Like they can't get away from the water so they must not be able to escape anything else.
Every time he lives through you touching him he learns it's not so bad after all. Slow steps, but by now you've learned patience with Baby. A challenge you've lived up to. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay