No bite, Step up! Good girl, Punkin !

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

No bite, Step up! Good girl, Punkin !

Post by Mikaela »

We have made leaps and bonds considering I have been red-ridden.

She now knows 'no bite puuunkin, be sweet girl' and 'step up'.

She likes to learn through play and she really likes me alot. She growls until I let her stick to the front of my shirt. She likes shoulders too but stays on my chest so I will cup/rub her. Her other mama must have been better endowed because I have no place on my chest for her to sit.

She started jumping at me and clinging as I went by. I thought she was being a bad girl... she was tring to get to me.

Welp, Here is my Punkin and I !

Feel ok 'bout your placement Kim. lol

She had no clue what 'step up even was so he would bite frantically. Took her from cage to work with her and all was well.

I have learned, a Quaker is not going to do anything training wise while caged. Too busy protecting their home.

Also, she isnt a really confident bird, she doesnt like to step onto fingers... she wants your palm. I havent a problem with that... whatever makes her happy.

(double click icon to view video)

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

She's adorable! Tiny little thing...

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

She is very small. There are four different subspecies of the Quaker and Punkin is a M. m. cotorra... the smallest of all Quakers, with darker green feathers and alot less yellow underneath.

Check it out. Interesting.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm ... cleid=2389
~ Mikaela Sky

CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

Mik - how purty is them birds?!?!?! and Willie just went absolutely APE$HIT when he heard the audio!! roflmfao!!! he wuz already in for the evening & he came out of the cage & went up top to look down on me like .. "wuh?? wuh?? .. not ANOTHER bird??" i nearly lost it!!

huggles,

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

lmao

All of our flocks are FULL. Even our birds are sick of us getting other birds. Whats that tell us? :oops:
~ Mikaela Sky