Ferral Ringnecks

Moderator: Mods

MichyB

Ferral Ringnecks

Post by MichyB »

Hi, What a great site! I have a 13yr+ Old male ringneck who's always been bald! (apart from his head) The vet beleives he had Beak and Feather disease when he was young. This never stopped him from Fathering chicks however.

I'm posting this message to find out how many people have seen Green Ringnecks in their neighbourhood? Here in Hedgerley (Nr Slough) I have seen a flock of 8 regulars............. It would be interesting to see where else they have been spotted 'in the wild' I'm just writing an article for our village magazine as not many people are familiar with these 'new shrill green garden birds!'
Jodie

Post by Jodie »

If your male had PBFD did he not pass this on to his offspring? Perhaps you need to check out http://www.avianbiotech.com/Diseases/PBFD.htm
Because all of his babies will have the same problems he had if they haven't died from it! I am glad I am not around you to purchase unhealthy babies.

Post by Guest »

being bald apart from his head sounds like he is self-mutilating. they pull out all the feathers they can reach (obviously they cant reach the ones on their head)