Sapphire flying in slo-mo

Moderator: Mods

InTheAir

Sapphire flying in slo-mo

Post by InTheAir »

We have been meaning to video this for ages, it's Sapphire doing her patented dive flight from the highest light fitting in our house.
http://youtu.be/Inr9VFc_q5E
Donovan

Re: Sapphire flying in slo-mo

Post by Donovan »

I still need to do this for Mr. Bell to catch him flying through the door when there's only about a 2-3inch (5-7cm) gap
MissK

Post by MissK »

Fantastic!
-MissK
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thank you Claire
Trinnity

Post by Trinnity »

I enjoyed that. Thanks.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

I still want to see that Donovan, in slow motion!

She is so cute and funny, she regularly climbs through the curtains that are meant to keep the birds in one area, files to her lampshade and calls. When I come to get her she dives straight to me.
We have also been practising flying vertically up to my hand from the floor, I've been putting my hand directly above her and calling her. It is pretty cool to see what she can do!

How much time do your birds spend flying a day? I need to keep a diary of a day, I am sure Sapphire spends hours every day just zooming around. More than Nila.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

my birds are stuck in the cage most of the day because i am gone from 5am to about 8pm.. then they get out for like 2 or 3 hours. They spend the first 10-15 minutes of that just flying around randomly and yelling.

On days that i'm home they get about 6 hours out... and on sundays i let them out first thing in the morning for a shower, then they're free until about 10pm

so for my birds it could be better but could be a lot worse. The worst thing I do is leave them covered up until like 10am on days i'm off... i'll give them fresh food and water then leave them covered until i'm ready to hear them spending the next 5 hours begging me to get out haha...

all in all they get lots of fly time
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

I made a new Nila flying through hoops video. I love watching his focused expression on the slowed down bits! His wings go too fast for my video camera though :(
http://youtu.be/jg50yX_a25w
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thank you Claire, loved the Hot pants ghastly music though but can Nila balance a ball on the end of his nose?