Halo from Cape Town

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Vickyvr

Halo from Cape Town

Post by Vickyvr »

Hi there

When I turned 21 I bought myself a green IRN with the money I got. I knew nothing about the breed, I didn't even know it could talk. Now people this was in a time BEFORE the internet, and I had to use real books to read up on my new feathery friend. I called him Tweety and the two of us co-existed together for many years, he was not hand reared so would not tolerate me touching him, but he was good company. When he passed away I thought I would never get another bird again. Never say never. I just got myself a blue IRN he/she is called Pauly/Polly and is 4 months old. It was hand-reared so I have taught it to climb on my hand when I want to take it out of the cage. That being said the baby is just loveable when it wants to be, when it's not in the mood, it's not in the mood and man does it hurt when it bites. Most of the time, it is quite placid, a lot more than I am used to for the type of bird that its is. I have freckles, a lot of freckles, and my bird has decided that my freckles are bird seed. NOT a pleasant experience. But then, there is nothing wrong with wearing a sweater in 32C when your IRN has decided it wants to sit on your shoulder. I don't think so anyway. It does the cutest thing, when it decides it wants to sit on or near me, it will hunch up and make what sounds like baby noises. I am not sure if it's good or bad, but it's cute. Needless to say I am smitten.

Love this site, it helped me out a lot so far in understanding IRN behaviour, especially where the biting comes in.

Vicky

This is Pauly/Polly

AJPeter

Re: Halo from Cape Town

Post by AJPeter »

Welcome Vickyvr, you will find all you need to know in the forums. It -3 in Birmingham England, my Alexandrine hen has put her woolly underwear on.