Hoogie & Spike - Episode 2

Moderator: Mods

doremon

Hoogie & Spike - Episode 2

Post by doremon »

It's taken a long time for us ti put up Episode 2... but here it is..!

http://www.dropshots.com/wlgspotter

:o
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Awww...isn't that precious?

Dani
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I love it! You irn is GORGEOUS! And your tiel precious! What is your irn saying? Sounded like "Kee, Kee". Am I hearing that right?? Love the video. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Jen
doremon

Post by doremon »

jen5239 wrote:I love it! You irn is GORGEOUS! And your tiel precious! What is your irn saying? Sounded like "Kee, Kee". Am I hearing that right?? Love the video. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Jen

You're almost correct..! His name is Hoogie, and we call him "Gee-gee" (or Gie-gie if you like!) for short. He just picked it up, without realising he's actually going over his name again and again..! He's also mumbled a few other phrases like "good parrot", "tickle tickle" and "good boy". In the earlier video he also mumbled a couple of Chinese words...
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hmm...Prinny knows she is saying her name and not just some word...she made the connection...maybe Hoogie does too

Dani
tayloraj23

Post by tayloraj23 »

Very cute video, I really enjoyed watching that. Both birds are beautiful. And Im jealous cause our two birds dont get along that well. :D
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

You people are KILLING me with your PRECIOUS birdie videos! OMG MORE!!! :shock: Gie-Gie is sooo loving of Spike! Were they raised together? I hope Baby is that sweet to our soon-to-be lovebird, or shall I hope that our lovebird let's Baby be sweet? THey will pretty much grow up together so we'll see!!

I love it!!
doremon

Post by doremon »

xo Missi wrote:You people are KILLING me with your PRECIOUS birdie videos! OMG MORE!!! :shock: Gie-Gie is sooo loving of Spike! Were they raised together? I hope Baby is that sweet to our soon-to-be lovebird, or shall I hope that our lovebird let's Baby be sweet? THey will pretty much grow up together so we'll see!!

I love it!!

Well, no Spike is actually about 18 months older that Hoogie!... And, well, generally they do get along OK - but they have their fights as well. Well, when we've first got Hoogie and brought him home, Spike wouldn't even let Hoogie get near him, then one day while we went away on vacation and left them both at our friend's place, they suddenly became friends after that, and Spike has even started asking Hoogie for a preen!... Now they are almost like inseparable - can't let each other out of sight, but can't get too close as well..! And this preening business, it still carries on, altho Hoogie is now beginning to pluck the feathers around Spike neck..! Spike knows it hurts but still keeps asking for a preen..! We just have to keep a very close watch on them both!
Last edited by doremon on Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Both are adorable.
Very verbal too. Nila loved it, I played it over three times and he
sat and talked back the whole time.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat