Billie the wonder parrot part 4

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Re: Billie the wonder parrot part 4

Post by AJPeter »

Today Billie enjoyed a neck scratch but mostly l am only allowed to stroke her beak, l have tried all sorts of treats to get to go in the hamster cage, l shall try hanging up a sprig of millet and if she takes the bait l will slam the front door shut and take her to sit in the sun
Billie likes to chew on woods especially if she is having a rough night you can buy chewing sticks for Guinea pigs which can be fed to Sanjay when his craving becomes too strong.

I bought a whole load of coloured lollipops sticks form Northern parrots but she ignores them
what she really wants is flesh, mine she gave me a blackman's pinch on my arm when l tried to reach over her, l did my usual drama queen act but she was not even concerned.
The wretch!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

:lol: :lol: sanjays chewing frenzy has abated a bit, but he likes dog bickies!, when he was a chickster in his nursery cage, I put willow twigs in as extra perches, and he liked to chew them. One night when covered up, he let out an awful squawk!, he had chewed the one he slept on so much, he fell out of bed.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

In Billie's old cage she had several perches but the one she slept on fell out and she was hanging onto the side of the cage when l uncovered her, that perch l moved to her new cage and it sticks out a couple of inches and she loves to perch on the end. But sleeps in the middle inside her cage.

Another perch l moved was a cut down broom stick but she chewed through that and now l use it in the hamster cage where it is ideal, there was another perch l saved which l use to pick her up. She is still wary of hands.

If Bilile turns he nose up at dog biscuit then joe soap will get them in his Horlicks. I wonder if the pet shop will let me have a couple as a sample?

Being the contary mary she is she sat on the hamster cage today and ate the millet spray also some egg biscuit so we are making progress. She had two showers the first she sat on the top of the clothes horse with her eyes closed, later she was skinny dipping int he dog bowl so l took her into hte bath room and she went down to the bottom rung of the clothes horse and got really wet. I swear she is growing web feet.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

A girl can't be too careful, we might get flooding. The bickies Sanjay likes to nibble are the so called "marrowbone" ones, he isn't keen on egg biscuit.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I will try Billie with Ovals first, she has been off her food today, only nibbled the omelette before dropping it, she did enjoy the willow sticks l put in, and her seed bowl has not been emptied she did eat a lot of the seed bar, she loves millet but would not touch a load of loose millet seeds,
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

No "play value"?. Sanjay hangs upside down on his millet holder, and toys, yet, for quite a while he wouldn't sit on a swing or anything which moved. He is noshing like a king,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Over night Billie scoffed half the bowl of loose millet, chewed up some willow sticks, But as l took her bowls out for cleaning she flew to my shoulder and bit me. "What have l done to deserve that?" I asked her, just bloody minded.

Funny Billie hates the swing l put up for her, she has sat on it after l lifted her up but she wobbles like mad and l have to lift her down.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sounds as though she lacks confidence, which was why Sanjay was a bit fey at first. We both had an early night last night, I was exhausted, no apparent reason tho'.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I think l will start a new topic : Billie