Not sleeping!

Moderator: Mods

Kikithekiwi

Not sleeping!

Post by Kikithekiwi »

i came home today and kiki was up standing near the top and corner of her cage. She does there when she is scared. She did it lots when she was young but has stopped.
I few things that come to mind on what scared her was the noise of the garage door opening. Its quite loud and sudden. But then again i thought she is never scared when i come home. Also the lights were off and it was quite late at night. I thought maybe bc it was dark the garage door scared her. But shes been in this situation before and has never done this.
I am preparing for bed and dont have kiki in my view but when i left her she was still in the corner. I am very concered.
What scared her. Or is it something else.
I also might say she goes there when she scared bc its the hightest point she has easy access to and she likes to be as high as possible.
Last edited by Kikithekiwi on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikithekiwi

Re: Scared bird?

Post by Kikithekiwi »

And he is hand raised. Hand tamed. About 17 wks i think and we've had him for about a wks. He is still settling in but is okay with us holding him. But is very sensitve to sudden movements which makes him harder to tame.
Sorry for calling him a she then he lol not sure which one so y not both ?
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

When we know we are going to be gone after dark, we leave a soft light on for the fids so they don't become startled when we come back. We figure, if it is dark, they are probably sleeping. Nothing worse than being startled awake by loud noises and bright lights.
~Dana

Kikithekiwi

Post by Kikithekiwi »

Cheers i will definitely do that from now on. But i am now concered as she is up there every night. Im at home all day in the same room with lights and everything exactly how it always is but she goes up there. In the morning he seems sleepy as he tries to sleep giving me the impression he isnt sleeping. Why wouldny he sleep?