10 mo IRN talking?

Moderator: Mods

Maverick

10 mo IRN talking?

Post by Maverick »

I have a 10 month male IRN named maverick. He's 100% tame. Loves being held of all things and toys. So far no words have made it out of him except the sound of a smoke alarm and a crow haha. Just curious as to when your little guys starting talking. I know it can take some quite a while and some never talk at all. This guy seems like he's definately trying. He has quite the range, just no words haha. He has the start of his ring but only dark coloration. Not really anything major. Just curious guys. Tips and tricks would be appreciated. Thanks!! -Blair
Parrot boy

Re: 10 mo IRN talking?

Post by Parrot boy »

I think they start around 1 or 2. And how did you tame yours mine is scared of me :(
SunniDai

Re: 10 mo IRN talking?

Post by SunniDai »

I have two rescues, Oscar and Luna, who are well over four years old. Luna says nothing (don't interpret that to mean that she doesn't make noise, because she most certainly does!!) and the only thing Oscar says is "Luna!!" I'm hoping there are more words to come. If not, I'm ok with that.
Sunni has been here since she was three weeks old, and she started saying "what are you doing?" and "come here" a little before she was a year. Now she says more, but not a whole lot.
On the point of taming, Oscar, Luna and Olive are not hand tame. We can move them from perch to perch with a stick, since they've all been stick trained. The only one who can be touched is Sunni Dai, and usually only by me. I'm happy with the progress Oscar and Luna and Olive have made, though, since when they were rescued, none of them could be within fifteen feet of us without flapping about in their cages.
Patience and consistency.
~Dana