Indigoemerald or just Indigo

Moderator: Mods

arrow1island

Indigoemerald or just Indigo

Post by arrow1island »

I bred 3 brothers. The Parents were indigo Cleartail Male and a VioletEmerald / cleartail hen. The 1st male is easy as he is a Violetemerald / cleartail. The 2nd male is an Emerald / cleartail. I am unsure of the 3rd male, could it be a indigoemerald / cleartail...

I am only showing the Emerald and the indigoEmerald, if it is indigoEmerald, if it isn't then what would it be... maybe it is just Indigo.. The last pic is of father & son...

Last edited by arrow1island on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trinnity

Re: Indigoemerald or just Indigo

Post by Trinnity »

Lovely. IRN's are unique. We're so lucky to have them.
Indian Ringneck Vic

Post by Indian Ringneck Vic »

Your first photo shows Emerald marker underwing the other photo shows two young turquoise that are yet to have their full turquoise expression visualised my guess would be you have three turquoise youngsters with some Emerald visible you won't produce Emerald or Indigo from this pair.
arrow1island

Post by arrow1island »

All these photos are of the same 2 youngsters and they are 4 months old now... obviously 1 is Emerald not sure what the other is.. remember emerald smooths the parblue colouring & there is no patchiness... better photos are on my website.. http://www.yamba.8m.com
Anyway I was hoping for some real experts to shed some light on he subject, or should I go back to calling this bird Azure or Saphire...
Mikesringnecks

Post by Mikesringnecks »

EmeraldTurquoise is green to look at. I have an EmeraldTurquoise Cleartail hen and she is a green colour on top and yellow underneath. I can send you photos but you will need to send me your E-mail address because I have to reduce photos to nearly nothing to send them on this site, my address is heleng31@optusnet.com.au.
As you know, Emeralds have an obvious yellow underwing patch. The bird you are having trouble identifying looks far too dark to me to be a TurquoiseBlue, from the parents the only other obvious option is Violet TurquoiseBlue but, to be honest, it doesn't look quite like that to me and I have a few of them in Cleartail this season. Kind regards Mike