New IRN Parront

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

LynnA26

New IRN Parront

Post by LynnA26 »

Hi! My name is Lynn and I live in Massachusetts with my fiancé, a French bulldog, two parrotlets and our new 8 month old IRN, Misty. Not sure if Misty is a male or female yet (and we're not sure we're going to keep that name yet LOL), I'm thinking of having him DNA'd to find out. We just brought him home on Saturday and he's settling in very well so far. I'm on a similar forum for my parrotlets and have gotten some great advice and support so I'm looking forward to learning about these guys and asking questions from all of you! :)
He's never been taught to step up, but is super curious, social and loves being talked to. He'll take treats from my hand with no issues at all, but if I leave my fingers too long he will bite at them. I've started clicker training him already with the hope that this will help build his trust. I can tell by his interaction that he wants to trust and be with us, but he hasn't been taught anything yet!
I'm going to read up on some of the posts here and I'm sure I'll have some questions of my own. :)
Attachments
Misty2.jpg
Misty2.jpg (58.42 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
Wessel Gordon

Re: New IRN Parront

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Hi Lynn

Welcome to the forum. Misty is gorgeous.

I'm sure if you have questions all of us would try and answer them.

Regards,

Wessel