Kokkewiet is talking!!!!!!!! :-)

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Kokkewiet

Kokkewiet is talking!!!!!!!! :-)

Post by Kokkewiet »

Hi everybody,

My Kokkewiet is talking :D . Last week I heard him mumbling something but wasn't sure. Yesterday while watching TV he said his name and tried to say hello Kokkewiet. It was too cute. He then chattered away to himself. He says his name like I say it and I heard him practising other words as well. I AM SO EXCITED :o . And now he doesn't stop talking. :lol:

This morning, while getting ready for work he talked to himself again, saying his name in different ways and trying to say hello and different kind of words. :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

They do sound like their owners. :lol:

I have a very southern accent and Baby speaks equally as country. Also, he says the phrase in different ways, just as we do when we speak. If Im in a good mood its a high pitched 'come er Baby' but if not its of course lower. He mimics both phrases and the pitch in which the phrases are spoken.

His Goooooooooooood Boooooooooooooy Baaaaaaby!!!! Is what gave it away. Because I use positive reenforcement only, he gets a very hearty 'good boy' when he does well.
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I SO can NOT wait until my Baby starts talking. He chatters a ton right now. Sometimes I feel he is practicing, other times I feel it's just baby chatter and coos. Also, my boyfriend and I really watch what we say around him. I used to have a potty mouth and I tell my boyfriend to "shut up" and "whaetever" a lot. I don't want baby to pick up on it. Heck! is having Baby around helping my boyfriend and I's communication?? I think so!!!! :lol:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Prinny talks in different accents...she says some things like Datsun (Chamon's cute accent) and some things with Baby's southern charm. She watches teh vids with me and picks up things that way too...my little smarty girl

Dani
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

xo Missi wrote:I SO can NOT wait until my Baby starts talking. He chatters a ton right now. Sometimes I feel he is practicing, other times I feel it's just baby chatter and coos. Also, my boyfriend and I really watch what we say around him. I used to have a potty mouth and I tell my boyfriend to "shut up" and "whaetever" a lot. I don't want baby to pick up on it. Heck! is having Baby around helping my boyfriend and I's communication?? I think so!!!! :lol:

ROflmao! Missi this reminded me of my roomies african grey...he picked up EVERYTHING! his name was Napolean and he had the mouth of a sailor. Excuse the language, but hed make his own curse phrases up like **** fucker or **** fucker! it was hysterical, until he said it in front of my Gramma!
~the stubborn one~
Bird crazy

Talking!!!

Post by Bird crazy »

What could be better than hearing your little feathered friend speak.
I try to say the same thing every morning "Good morning, I love you give me a kiss" and every night "Nite Nite sweetie" and I fully expect one morning for Nila to beat me to it. or one night when I put him in his cage he'll say nite nite to me. Of course that 's a long way off, But I'm looking forward to it.

You go Kokkewiet, we're anxiously awaiting the video.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

~*Gwennie*~ wrote:
xo Missi wrote:I SO can NOT wait until my Baby starts talking. He chatters a ton right now. Sometimes I feel he is practicing, other times I feel it's just baby chatter and coos. Also, my boyfriend and I really watch what we say around him. I used to have a potty mouth and I tell my boyfriend to "shut up" and "whaetever" a lot. I don't want baby to pick up on it. Heck! is having Baby around helping my boyfriend and I's communication?? I think so!!!! :lol:

ROflmao! Missi this reminded me of my roomies african grey...he picked up EVERYTHING! his name was Napolean and he had the mouth of a sailor. Excuse the language, but hed make his own curse phrases up like **** fucker or **** fucker! it was hysterical, until he said it in front of my Gramma!

LOLOL An African Grey with Turrets!! I love it!!! :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I too have a potty mouth with my favorite being the 'F' word. I know... so lady like, huh.

Anyway, Love the word, so interchangable. It can be a noun, verb, adjective... you name it, it works!

Baby doesnt say it though. He seems to only say what I say *to* him during very direct one on one conversation.

Did I tell ya'll though that he had realized it pisses his human brothers off to be called 'pretty little girls'? He now picks on them... bout time the tables turned. THEY HATE IT. Baby thinks its sooo funny, as deos Mommie.

They are all at that age where to be called a girl is fighting words. Somehow Baby figured out what would get them back and went with it.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

ROTFLMAO Mik that is too funny! Go Baby!

Dani
Donna

Kokkewiet is talking

Post by Donna »

Hi everybody I got a good one for you all. My African Grey will say **** and my little ringneck Tango will say Ummm Fred said that Bad word. It's to cute. I wish I had a video cam so I can show off my babies. Someday I hope. Thanks Donna
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

:lol:

I hope Baby doesnt pick up my bad words but my resolution this year was to stop with the really bad words: F, SOB, MF... and such. :roll:

And I have done great! But if I get worked up, I curse without realizing it... still.
~ Mikaela Sky

Bird crazy

bad words

Post by Bird crazy »

Just a quick second hand story, Met a man at the pet store who told me about his African grey. Every morning the man would get up and say "morning captain" to the bird and the bird woud say "morning captain"
well one morning he got up walked past the bird said morning captain and the bird wouldn's speak to him so he finally said "a--hole" The next morning he got up walked past the bird and said morning captian and the bird said "morning a--hole".

Moral of the story: don't call the bird anything you don't want to be called.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Now thats GOOD!

I tend to say ow, bitch. Not calling him a bitch but the situation. He doesnt bite anymore so maybe he didnt pick that up.

Or, knowing Baby, he is waiting for my extremely catholic mother-in-law to visit for a nice hardy 'hey bitch'. God, I'd die. As would she. Dont think she has ever heard a bad word. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

That would not be good Mik...

I don't curse if ever and never around the fids...last thing I need is to hear one of those words over and over coming out of my babys beak!

Dani
Kayaq

Post by Kayaq »

hahaha that would be funny as hell to hear a bird curse. U know there's times when u want to tell people to F off. You can just have the bird do it lol And then play stupid oh i didn't know he could say that lol
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby says 'People Suck'. I taught him that early on and happen to agree, for the most part.

He says peoples though so he messes it up. 'Peoples suck'.
~ Mikaela Sky