Hi from Derby, UK

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Mandy

Hi from Derby, UK

Post by Mandy »

Hi, My name is Mandy and I have just bought (today) a 12 week old albino IRN named Gandalf, ( I don't know the gender but I'm just treating him as male until I'm proven otherwise).
Gandalf isn't hand reared but has been raised in close proximity to humans and is fairly steady when you approach his cage etc.

I am hoping to slowly gain his trust and train him and I know this can take a very long time but I have experience training parent reared 'tiels, Lovebirds and Senegals.

I do not own any other birds at the moment and haven't for the past 3 years or so so it is really exciting having a parrot in the family again.

I can't wait to delve deeper into this great forum and find out about all your beautiful birds and the best way to care for my new baby. :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Welcome Mandy... safe us to your favorites. You will need us. :lol:

*big hug*

Post pics of that baby!
~ Mikaela Sky

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

Hi Mandy!
~the stubborn one~
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Welcome! Do stay and perch a while with us...and post pics...we're addicted to them and need more :wink:

*hugs*

Dani
Bird crazy

Albino

Post by Bird crazy »

Ok lets see some pics. Dani's Prinny is the only Albino I've seen a pic of so lets see one of Gandalf too!!! :D

I think your experience with senegals will be the most helpful with Gandalf.

but any experience with birds helps, and you know the fun you've gotten yourself into.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Wow I am so out of it...I didn't see that Gandalf was an albino...yes post pics of that baby asap!

Dani