Hand Feeding Problems, HELP!!!

Moderator: Mods

Alan-P

Hand Feeding Problems, HELP!!!

Post by Alan-P »

I have a Blue indian Ringneck called Eco. Eco is nearly 7 weeks old now, he was eating formula really well, then his formula intake started to taper off, now he refuses to eat formula, I have pellets in his cage with him, aswell as veges, fruit etc. Eco will eat the pellets, they are soaked in some water to soften them up because his beak isn't strong enough to break them up yet. The problem is, even though he is eating the pellets, he is still bobbing and crying for food (I assume as this is what he did when he heard me stirring the formula and saw the syringe) but he is just not interested, I have tried to give it to him cooler, warmer, and thinner but he just isn't interested, but he has been flying lately. Is this due to the fledging? Im just worried because he is hungry even though he wont eat. Any help would be greatly apreciated
AJPeter

Re: Hand Feeding Problems, HELP!!!

Post by AJPeter »

Would Eco eat seeds? If he continues to be fussy perhaps an avian vet might help, you could buy a different formula to see if that might solve the problem.
Alan-P

Re: Hand Feeding Problems, HELP!!!

Post by Alan-P »

He does eat his millet but I would prefer not to start giving him seeds due to the fact that its so difficult to change their diet part way through and also pellets carry better nutritional benefit. All he wants to do is fly. He has been allowed to fly round quite a bit so he has gained confidence as I didn't want to cause any adverse psychological effects by clipping his wings, but when would be a good time to clip them seeing as he has been flying? I think a lot of t is due to his fixation on flying too