Help

Moderator: Mods

dragonrage1402

Help

Post by dragonrage1402 »

Hi, I'm new!
I got an Indian Ring neck today his name is Steve. Steve is about 11 weeks old and i decided to close my bedroom door and let out Steve. He flew around my room for a minute then landed on my curtain rod and i cant get it off! every time i get close to him he fly's off then lands back on the curtain rod. The reason i'm posting this here is because i want to see if there's a way i can train him too not fly around when i get near him.
Thanks Dragonrage1402
AJPeter

Re: Help

Post by AJPeter »

The poor birds is scared, let him go back to his cage, even go out of the room for awhile once he is back in the cage he will feel safe. Make sure at least on side of the cage is against a wall. Have a cover to blot the light out at night, he needs 8 - 10 hours undistubed hours sleep.

Then win his confidence and trust before you let him out again. Sit by the cage while you eat your meals after a week or two open the cage door and let him come out if he wants, there are a lot of tips in the forums about training.

Do not rush these early stages and soon you will have a bird that trusts you and will fly to you and sit on your shoulder and be happy/