Please help

Moderator: Mods

aritragupta2007

Please help

Post by aritragupta2007 »

I have an Indian Ring neck which I brought home about 4 months back. I guess it is an adult male (since it has a prominent black and red ring) although the seller had said it is a female of about 4 months age. At that time it had a small cut on its middle finger on its left led which did not subside despite treatment & subsequently he bit off that finger by himself. Following that I found that there was some infection on hiss left side leg and body as well. He has been under antibiotic treatment & t bact is being applied on the affected area as per vet's advise. However there has been no significant improvement. His appetite is not affected and we have been feeding him guava, rice grains. He is rarely kept in a cage & prefers staying on a bamboo stand specially made for him. He does not yet talk.

I will be grateful if anyone can advise me as to the course of treatment.
AJPeter

Re: Please help

Post by AJPeter »

I feel very sorry for you and your bird it is extremely difficult to stop a bird from interfering with band aid wrappings, l hope some one soon will be able to give you some advice.
Melika

Post by Melika »

How is he? Just keep following your vet's advice. That's your best course of treatment. Did the vet take a swab and find out what kind of antibiotic will work best on whatever is causing the infection? If there has been no progress, then that is a step that needs to be taken.

You may also consider expanding his diet, to make sure he isn't suffering from malnutrition. Here is a whole long list of safe foods, along with links to more information. http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=8078
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
aritragupta2007

Post by aritragupta2007 »

Lost him. Devastated. Just kept looking at me till the end. Sadly the vets could never be sure about what he had.