adding pictures

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

sukiandme

adding pictures

Post by sukiandme »

please help.... how do i add pictures of my baby?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML.

If I may, I recommend and use photobucket. Get them uploaded into www.photobucket.com. Then copy/paste the IMG here. That easy! :D
To make a long story short.
~ Mikaela Sky

sukiandme

Post by sukiandme »

thanks for helping.... helpfully i can make the pic smaller
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

ohhhhh....I am in love. What a beautiful bird :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Suki:

I had to remove your avatar at 576x473 because it was way too big. Resize it to around 80x80 and it will look great! :D

Let me know if you need more help! You have the concept down. Now all you have to do is copy/paste the IMG right here in the text box.

~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Awwww,
A baby grey. We love the greys! Well...we love all of them, but what an adorable baby.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Awww...what a cutie! Yep we are in love with greys lately...

Dani
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Beautiful little fellow.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
sukiandme

thanks

Post by sukiandme »

thanks to everyone.... i love him, but he doesn't love me! i pecks at me and my girls when we pass his cage and when i change his food and H20 i either jumps on me or aggresively trys to attack. i don't know what to do.
Bird crazy

Try to move slowly.

Post by Bird crazy »

I have a tendency to move quickly and when I got my first parrot I nearly drove him crazy because I went at his cage too fast. I soon learned to take a minute and just talk in soft soothing tones before I approached his cage. Made sure all my movements were deliberately slow and talking the whole time in soothing voice. Can you get at his water and food from the outside or do you have to stick your hand in the cage to get them?
My Nila is already getting protective over his cage and it's better to take him and put him on the play gym before I begin cleaning or moving his things around. Hope that helps.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Sue and Nila
Sue
sukiandme

water and food

Post by sukiandme »

he has 2 of each dish..... the dishes at the bottom i can get to w/ out going in the cage but the other 2 are the ones that he uses the most and i have to go into the cage to get them..... when he comes out he won't come off of the cage.
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

If possible you may want to invest in a cage that has access to the food and water dishes from the outside.

How old are the girls? Maybe he's just too threatened by all the activity of little children?

A couple of points I remember from reading about parrots years ago, make sure the cage has one side to the wall so that they aren't open to attack from all sides, helps make them more secure, and if possible out of the direct traffic area of the house but where they can see whats going on. Not next to the phone or stereo speakers etc so they are startled everytime one goes off so close to them.

Anyone else out there with help for Suki? Make him/her more comfortable in his/her new home?

Sue and Nila
Sue
goro

sue and nila

Post by goro »

sue did nila steal kannah fav ball. just kidding kannah has the same ball that i taught him to play basketball with hehe had to say it
ciao
goro
Bird crazy

basketball

Post by Bird crazy »

Did you make your own basketball hoop/net or buy one and where?
Actually Nila stole it from my cat, who could care in the least.

Sue and Nila
Sue