How do I get my new 4 IRN to stop biting?

Moderator: Mods

Ruffles Momma

How do I get my new 4 IRN to stop biting?

Post by Ruffles Momma »

He is the sweetest baby at 4 months old but was scared by a little girl where he was before. I have had him for 4 days and have made great progress but he still bites hard. Is this bluffing at this age or is it still scared? He is beginning to learn step ups. He is getting better about stepping up when being told to but only about 25% of the time. He loves to be held, petted and talked to. Then the biting starts. He will look at my fingers and then latch on. I tell him no bite and try not to react at all. Occasionally he catches me off guard and then I jerk then he thinks oh boy I got her then! But I come back strong and make him either step up or get his attention on something else. I make it a point to not let him on my shoulder. He loves to give me kisses but have this fear that one of these bites will go to my face. That would suck!

I feel like this little girl did something to him with her fingers. He just seems extremely scared of fingers. Anyway, how do I get him over this? I 2 or 3 hours a day with him either holding him or him out playing on his cage. If this is bluffing how long will it last?

How do I attach a photo of my babies?

Thanks

[/img]