Help! My baby is not eating

Moderator: Mods

Tipitapatepe

Help! My baby is not eating

Post by Tipitapatepe »

Hi, I am quite desperate because my baby IRN doesn't want to eat anything at all. He is getting thinner and thinner and I don't want to lose him!

I think he is about 50-60 days old, he is completely fledged and he took his first flight on Saturday. At first he ate 15 cc of formula or more if I let him, and he was also starting to eat solids (small pieces of apple, boiled carrots and potatoes, sweetcorn and pear). However, for the last week he started refusing the formula and the solids and now he doesn't want formula at all and seems to have lost interest on the fruits and veggies I put in his cage everyday. He cannot peel his seed either.

The one thing that gives me hope is that when he is in his cage he is very active and if he sees me he automatically wants to be with me and starts going up and down, flying and etc. He also cries out with this lovely "mew". He looks like that now, does he look sick? :

Can you guys please help me? I love him so much, and I want him to be healthy and happy!! I'd like to know what's the matter with him, if this is a normal stage, if I am handling it wrong, if it has something to do with all the flying thing or if there is anything I could do about the current situation of my bird.

Thank You!
Wessel Gordon

Re: Help! My baby is not eating

Post by Wessel Gordon »

The only advice I can give you giving how concerned you are is to let an avian vet check him out. I do not want to scare you but birds have the ability to hide illness till it's often too late to save them so it's better to pay the vet bill and know what's wrong or that you simply overreacted.

Please let us know what's happening.

Kind regards,

Wessel