Hi From Australia Brisbane

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

nvcheeko

Hi From Australia Brisbane

Post by nvcheeko »

Hi All,

I have finally decided to take plunge and sign up i have been reading forum for some time now.

since i have been a kid i have had IRN's at mother's house aviary. We hand raised one which was bought with pin feathers, which was best bird but was taken suddenly from me after few years eating some poison rat poo,

since then my mother has had aviary of IRN's and they have produced baby's, few years back my mother sold all the Green IRN's and we still had nice Grey Boy, i decided to match him up with a Pastel Blue Hen, after few years bickering there started there first clutch.

The parents had 4 Eggs one was tossed out early and there were 3 remaining 2 hatched and other didn't make it, i had my mother calling every second day, worried the mother is not cutting it compared to other IRNs we had, I haven't lived at home in 15 years and now have little family of my own so i thought i will take what ever we get and hand-rare them, i remember my other one was my best friend, (used to love going onto close basket and picking all pegs out) I thought would be great opportunity.

Below are some pictures of what they are, the both look like there going to be turquoise big one has some nice colors,

Tell me what you all think, but i think its interesting that the Male was Pastal Grey and Female Pastal and i got Turquoise, They are only 3 weeks now but already got some personallity

Here is a pic few days before i pulled out of nest

Little one about 2 week

Big one 2 weeks old

3 Weeks 28/10/2014 (big one)

3 Weeks 28/10/2014 started feeding

Some more pics

Well hope to hear some good feedback, I plan on not selling them but rather part of family now.

Cheers
nvcheeko
andie233

Re: Hi From Australia Brisbane

Post by andie233 »

Awww so cute! I am on the Gold Coast and am getting my first IRN hopefully this weekend. She is a lutino and I couldn't be more excited!
nvcheeko

Re: Hi From Australia Brisbane

Post by nvcheeko »

Hi Guys

well i have some more pictures to show you all, any idea what color im going to get?

Birds just after feed

Friendly ****

Hope you all enjoy