Post by Dani03 »

OMG I was like WOW when I saw this...

(here's the site http://www.featheredexotics.com/

Dream bird no?

*sighs*

Dani
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Here's another one (forgot to post it...teehee)

Dani
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

Wow there both beautiful. I love the blue one. Is that a cobalt?
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

It's a violet...gawd how I want one...*giggles*

Dani
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

Wow wow you actually got to see this bird?
I went with cobalt as violet is just well so super rare! I really want a cinnamon and maybe a half sider, just love the cinnamons color. I will admit that the violets are just awesomely beautiful birds.

Oh how much do they want for that darling little thing? if they are willing to part with it.
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

there are 2 young cinnamons available in NC...I almost drove up there to get one! There is a link to their pic's at the rein me in thread. I do have contact info for the owner, if you are interested send me a pm.
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Ok, I would definitely trade the hubby for the blue one.
:D

I'll have to start working on him now to let me have another bird.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Wow, i love the Pieds :shock:
The Blue bird is a SF Violet Blue.
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

they are both gorgeous....I have to admit a weakness for the violet though. If I hadn't already given up hubby, I would give him up for that bird!

Jeremy--what do you call the color of the bird in your avetar?
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Heck yes...I would so give up a hubby if I had one for that bird...*giggles*

Shhhh...don't tell the BF I said that :shock: :D

Dani
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

I won't even bother telling anyone how much the Pied go for in Australia :shock:

Kimtoo, the bird in my avatar is a Dominant Edged Turquoise Cinnamon (aka Fallow Pastel Skyblue)
Andreya

Post by Andreya »

Old thread... I'm new here but Feathered Exotics was where my Violet IRN came from. So I was kind of excited to see it on here. :)
Andi
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Wow! Look at those beautiful fids in your Picture, oh and Welcome to the family. You know what a cool name you have :wink:

I go by angie to all my friends, my chat name is kyria, but my real name is Andrea :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Thats a perfect blue color!!! And Andreya you are soo lucky to own those three beauties!
Andreya

Post by Andreya »

giantfoot_truck wrote:Thats a perfect blue color!!! And Andreya you are soo lucky to own those three beauties!

Thanks. He's Violet and actually I don't own all three. I just LOVE that picture. The one on the furthest right hand side is Nigel, my bird. :)
Andi
Jay

Post by Jay »

Andreya wrote:I'm new here but Feathered Exotics was where my Violet IRN came from. So I was kind of excited to see it on here. :)

So you got your birds from Valerie... awesome! :D She has a very good reputation as a breeder. We both belong to the same Yahoo Ringneck-List and Genetics group.

For some reason, pictures don't do Violets justice. Because the Violet coloration in IRNs is produced by a combination of melanin and the bending of light (constructive interference), the true color is not accurately captured in most digital cameras.

Although in the picture they look like dark blue, in person they are more Ink Pad Violet in coloration. The true Purple coloration is produced when Violet is combined with the Cobalt mutation = Violet Cobalt Blues.

Below is a Violet Blue chick I've bred this year. I believe Valerie (Feathered Exotics) got her Violet lines from Roger Bringas by way of Jackie Gollote. Mine came from Roger Bringas as well so I have reason to believe our Violets are cousins :lol:

Andreya

Post by Andreya »

depois do prazer wrote:
So you got your birds from Valerie... awesome! :D She has a very good reputation as a breeder. We both belong to the same Yahoo Ringneck-List and Genetics group.

For some reason, pictures don't do Violets justice. Because the Violet coloration in IRNs is produced by a combination of melanin and the bending of light (constructive interference), the true color is not accurately captured in most digital cameras.

Although in the picture they look like dark blue, in person they are more Ink Pad Violet in coloration. The true Purple coloration is produced when Violet is combined with the Cobalt mutation = Violet Cobalt Blues.

Below is a Violet Blue chick I've bred this year. I believe Valerie (Feathered Exotics) got her Violet lines from Roger Bringas by way of Jackie Gollote. Mine came from Roger Bringas as well so I have reason to believe our Violets are cousins :lol:

Well the lady I got him from got him from Valerie. I did e-mail her about him and she responded though. She was very nice and concerned with how he was doing. Actually thanks to this forum (and thread in particular) it was how I found her website. I'd tried googling it a few weeks ago and couldn't find anything. I only knew the name of the company because of his DNA Certificate.

Yes, photos of him don't at all do him justice. I think he looks more of an off powder blue in them. And the flash rather distorts the color even further... he really is a beautiful bird. Like I said also, he must be moulting because he's not as bright as he was when I first saw him. Still, very pretty.

That's an awesome baby that you bred. How cute! :) I love the picture Valerie took of Nigel and his siblings, the one I used for my Avatar. That one picture on the front of her page I thought captured the Violet color very well. Our birds are related? How cool is that!

Andi
conurelover2007

Post by conurelover2007 »

These are some beautiful birds.
Andreya

Post by Andreya »

Conure, the one you have looks really cute... but very small. It may be the picture. Is that a baby?
Andi
conurelover2007

Post by conurelover2007 »

Yah she is a baby. You can see some bigger pictures of her under the picture forum that says Chiquita. What color is the yellow bird considered in the first two pictures? It is near the violet.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh my I love those violets. I can't keep my eyes of them. :D Cousins with Jays! Thats exciting.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Andreya

Post by Andreya »

Lauren wrote:Oh my I love those violets. I can't keep my eyes of them. :D Cousins with Jays! Thats exciting.

Yeah they are. I was lucky to get him. There were three others that were for sale a green, creamino and albino but there wasn't a question after I saw him. :)

I know. How cool is that? I was actually just happy to find his breeders page through this thread. That was awesome.
Andi
smokie

Post by smokie »

the voilet birds were beautifull the meant to be a rare colour in the ring necks where i am in perth theirs a guy that has 2 here he wants 5ooo each a bird which i think is a bit on the mark if ya ask me i also checkit out the site y had in ya post the little babbies are so cute thx
bevg
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

guy my partner knows had violet ringnecks they were really vibrant he sold them for 10000 each, i have heard of violet pairs for breading going at 50000 its so crazy :shock: