8 week old ringneck care

Moderator: Mods

Hunter21

8 week old ringneck care

Post by Hunter21 »

Hi guys,

I've just got a hand-raised indian ringneck. Now I've been told that it's 8 weeks old and weaned, but I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

1) How do I go about making him feel more comfortable in his new environment? Even though he's hand-raised he's reluctant in allowing hand contact and generally hisses at you, although he's fine with being held he's quick to move away or wriggle out of any hand contact.

2) I was told that he was eating on his own, but in the day that I've had him he's not eating or drinking. Is there any special kind of foods I should give him and how do I get him to eat?

3) How do I go about socializing this young fella? He's obviously still settling in and isn't receptive to hand contact at this stage, but I don't want him to scared of human contact in future and as he's still young I know this is the right time to train him up as well.

Thanks in advance!
Melika

Re: 8 week old ringneck care

Post by Melika »

How long have you had him now? Has his behavior changed since you posted these questions?
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay