Blue pallidino male with Skyblue female

Moderator: Mods

Ricardo456

Blue pallidino male with Skyblue female

Post by Ricardo456 »

Can someone help me with the results of this crossing?
The male is a Blue pallidino (Albino mother x Blue lacewing father) and the female is a Skyblue female (Albino father x Blue mother).
What do you think about this crossing?
willowisp71

Re: Blue pallidino male with Skyblue female

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi Ricardo,

Firstly, your "Skyblue" hen? Skyblue is the old term for a CinnamonBlue. Are you sure the dad was an Albino and mum a Blue (I'm assuming normal Blue?). It's just that this pairing cannot produce anything but Albino female chicks?

Calculation looks like this:
1.0 blue ino
x 0.1 blue
% from all 1.0
100.0% 1.0 blue /ino
% from all 0.1
100.0% 0.1 blue ino

Even if dad is split to cinnamon, you will still only get Albino looking hen's from the pairing:
(Note: a Blue Cinnamon Ino will VISUALLY look like a pure white bird):
1.0 blue ino /cinnamon
x 0.1 blue
% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 blue /ino
50.0% 1.0 blue /cinnamon-ino
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 blue ino
50.0% 0.1 blue cinnamon ino

No matter which way I put it in to GenCalc - I cannot get an Albino cock to produce a Cinnamon Blue hen :? i'm intrigued :)

But regardless of that, if you have a Cinnamon Blue hen and Blue PallidIno cock then this will be your results:

1.0 blue pallidIno
x 0.1 blue cinnamon
% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 blue /pallid cinnamon
50.0% 1.0 blue /ino cinnamon
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 blue pallid
50.0% 0.1 blue ino

In other words, all male offspring will be Blue, half split to pallid cinnamon, and half split to ino cinnamon, and all female offspring will be Blue Pallid or Albino.

Your hens parentage still baffles me, lol :lol: - are you sure the dad wasn't a Blue Cinnamon or Blue/Cinnamon and mum was the Albino??

Hope I've helped somewhat - and not confused the issue even more :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards Deb
Ricardo456

Post by Ricardo456 »

Thank you willowisp71 for your answer.
The breeder who sold me the female told me that her paprents were an albino cock and a blue hen(not sure if cinnamon blue or just regular blue).
I am not even sure she is a cinnamon blue! She is light blue but with a greenish glow when exposed to the light. Someone told me she could be a pastel blue. I will try to upload a photo of her so you can help me identify her mutation.
Ricardo456

Post by Ricardo456 »

Ricardo456

Post by Ricardo456 »

Need help over here guys! Anyone? :roll:
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi Ricardo. Had a look at your photo - it's too hard to tell from that pic what mutation your hen is. Best to try and get a pic of her in natural light during the day, but not direct sunlight. And best to take a pic of her back and wings for identification purposes. The belly and chest are usually more washed out in colour than the back of the bird and makes it hard to guess what the true colour is.
Regards Deb
Ricardo456

Post by Ricardo456 »

She is not with me yet. I´m picking her over this weekend. When I haver her home I´ll take some pictures like you said because these were some photos the breeder sent me.
Ricardo456

Post by Ricardo456 »

Dear willowisp71,

Can you check these photos of her until I can get better ones?
Thank you!

http://imageshack.com/a/img746/2628/VToOQe.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1582/47ataq.jpg
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi Ricardo,

based on those new pics, she could be maybe a blue pallid (lacewing), or a cinnamon blue - still too hard to make out. Better pics when you have her will help a lot.

I did have the thought that if she turns out to be a blue pallid, it is possible that her dad could in fact have been a Grey PallidIno, which would have looked like an albino except that it would have had a very light grey neck ring….it's about the only way I can think of that an 'albino' looking cock could produce a blue pallid hen.

Look forward to seeing more pics when you have her. Have you got your Blue PallidIno cock yet? Would love to see some pics of him also :)
Regards Deb
Ricardo456

Post by Ricardo456 »

Yes I have him with yet. I´ll take some pictures of him, he doesn´t have the ring yet.