New owner of a beautiful boy ringneck ko-ko

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Leahchick80

New owner of a beautiful boy ringneck ko-ko

Post by Leahchick80 »

Hi I'm new to this group and also a new owner of a Indian ring neck bby aged 4mth old and have named him. Ko-ko I only picked him up yesterday.. He was handled by the breeder n steps up on stick n finger .. But still is very shy I'll have to give him time to settle in and adjust to our home ..I'm hoping for lots of advise and friendships much appreciated :))
court

Re: New owner of a beautiful boy ringneck ko-ko

Post by court »

Welcome. I also just picked up a 4 month old IRN.
I hope you enjoy the forum :D
AmyRash

Re: New owner of a beautiful boy ringneck ko-ko

Post by AmyRash »

Cool ! My Indian ringneck is about 4 months too xD He used to be my uncles (my uncle has 2 very noisy little toddles) , now he's mine as they can't look after him properly. Any help on how to make him step up ? He gets so scared with objects he's not familiar with, once he saw a little jar i was holding, screamed and flew top speed out his cage and crashed onto the floor. only then does he step up on my arms cause he's so scared.
please giv some advice on how to make him trust me more, he lets me stroke him sometimes but he sometimes tries to nip me (which doesn't hurt at all) .
Thanks,
Amy