Billie the wonder parrot part 2

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Billie the wonder parrot part 2

Post by AJPeter »

Today was the start of the new diet.

"Wot no corn flakes?"

I made my breakfast in the kitchen and ate it there afterwards l took a bowl of fruit into the LR and sat down with it, in front of Bille and pretended it was breakfast. She nibbled an apple and then took it back to the cage and ate some more before throwing it on the floor in her usual way.

I shall be doing this even when porridge is on the menu becasue there is too much refined sugar in my breakfast to share with Billie. At least when she dives to the floor with what l think is an hormonal attack l shall know it is not the sugar causing this, she had an attack today but l shall not worry for two weeks but after that it might be the vet.

This attack happened when she was scoffing her seeds, she cried out and headed for the bottom of the cage, l reached in and stroked her and she came up to the bottom perch but went back down again so l left her to recover in her own time.

Later she flew to the back of my chair and stepped onto the back my hand, l reached forward with my lips and she returned my kiss, she allowed me to stroke her head but this not something she likes and after l changed hands she gave me a nip and flew off, I told her it was alright I understood the nip.

Later l was playing the organ and she flew to my shoulder l turned my head and she gave me a kiss on my lips. Made my day!

We had stew and brown rice. Really it is the corn she likes, and afte clearing away the plates she called out and l told her it was too early for bed, but ten minutes later she called out again so at 5.15 l covered her up. She sleeps or is covered nearly 16 hours with winter coming on perhaps this is normal?
sanjays mummi

Re: Billie the wonder parrot part 2

Post by sanjays mummi »

Wild birds go to bed and get up with the sun, Sanjay has a uv light and black cotton cover, so it is possible Billie is doing what the wild birds do, except, she gets up later than they do. I don't think they sleep as long as we do, say, on a Sunday morning, Sanjay gets a bit of light, his cover isn't thick or heavy, it just means he has no visual stimulation and stays quiet until I remove the cover, and switch his light on. But even on Sundays, he gets up at his usual 8am. So he doesn't disturb the neighbours when he joins in the dawn chorus.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I have woken in the past at 4 am and inspected the plumbing l could hear the dawn chorus but Billie is sound asleep, even at 8.30 am she is not always ready and looks at me with bleary eyes as the cover comes off. We have large trees that shield the sun in the afternoon and l think leads Billie into thinking it is later. Today was day two of the new diet plan, and she was wise to the changes when l got back from church l made a coffee she watched every move. So l made up a plate of fruit and pretended this was my breakfast. She was not fooled, but because she has a lovely temperment she just accepted the change. No more milky cornflakes, or museli soaked in full fat milk for her.

However she joined me for dinner. We had Shepherds pie, well she had the corn l ate the rest. After she had her fill she returned to the cage licking her lips. She was paddling in her pool this afternoon but it was late ion the day and l said it would have to be a quick shower but she just stood on the clothes horse making no attempt at getting we under the arms so l gave her a good misting and called it a day I bought her back into the LR.

My downstairs neighbour tells me she can hear me talking to Billie and she can hear Billie when she calls. "Tough." I did not have the courage to tell her that l can hear her and her boyfriend having sex. But since l banged on the wall at 3 am in the middle of their climax yelling a couple of weeks ago
I have not heard them. There is nothing like banging on the wall to clear the air. Some years ago there were a couple of *** men in the flat below and they would bang on the wall as l played the organ.

I just turned the sound up.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

O the joys of communal living, sigh. Muesli is surprisingly fatty, and sugary, a lot of people think it is a healthy breakfast. Sanjay starts the day with a "Wot?" when I uncover his cage, and after a few ruffles and quick preen, he is ringing his bell, and having a sing song, which can be annoying if I am trying to talk on the phone, so if I am making a call, I give him a dried fig to nibble. Fortunately, my neighbours dont really hear him, I think its because I am on the ground floor, at the front, it isnt easy to distinguish his voice from the wild birds, and there are a couple of Jackdaws, or Crows around here who mimic him perfectly!. On more than one occasion, I have been outside, and thought he had escaped!, (sense would tell me this is just Not possible). :roll:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Wot sense? However l was stuffing muesli down the hatch in the kitchen while Billie was doing her Magpie impression and scolding me, but before even that when the covers come off she just sits there blinking so l gather all the bowls together along with her swimming pool and take them out to the Kitch for a scrub when l come back Biile has shown her appreciation of the priviacy l gave her to do her ablutions ln private by pooping all down the front of the cage sometimes she manages to miss her perch. Sometimes.

Then l clean the tray while she sits on the back of my swivel chair warming her bum on the gas fire.
Then she flies back to oversee the filling of her seed bowl, if she is in a good mood she pushes open the seed door and I put the bowl into its holder and she pulls the door shut.

And if she is not in a good mood? She stares at me as if l were an idiot!

She really has gone for the sweet potato in a big way, she tosses out the brocolio and carts each piece of sweet potato to the top of her cage and eats it there. When l go shopping tomorrow l will look to see what other root l can find. She hardly touches the fruit l put out for her, l had to buy ASDA pomegranite but she has not touched that so it is back top Tesco/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Give butternut squash a try, but be warned, its a toughie to peel. Sanjay tossed his blueberries and blackberries over the side today, hey ho!, I can't Always get it right it seems.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Peel? Wow no wonder she does not like Butternut squash, I bought some boli or was it golie or it might have been Gooll wait a minute l will look at the receipt. Mooli, it is 2 foot for long and white. On the principle of MissK taste l tasted it. Yuk! It is like pasnip. Any way Billie does not like it.

She does not like the Asda pomegranite so l will have to go to Tesco tomorrow and buy some of there's, yet to try is kiwi fruit, and some squidgy things l forget the name, oh Passion fruit. She was sitting on my shoulder watching tv and l showed her the picture of a hansdsome Alexandrine in Parrots magazine, she leant forward and kissed the photo on his beak then made some clucking sounds l reckon she fancied him, but she got too amorous and bit the page so l told l will cut him out and paste him on the wall as the start of your new picture gallery. She was very content with this.

She sang a beautiful song looking out of the window, so l took the hint and deceided to buy a cage l can take her out but l had to explain to her that the cage will take weeks to come and by then it will be too cold to go out. She understood.

I was happily chomping on Polo mints and she saw me so l relented and gave her a tiny piece. when she went to bed l forgot to take out some card board and she was playing tag with it or it might have been hide and seek without lifting the blanket l could not see what she was doing.

Good old Sanjay, Billie says she would put up with it either.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Mooli is a radish, but to me it also tastes similar to raw turnip. Sanjay is indifferent to it, the most important things to him are seeds, and juice he can "suck", anything else isn't worth bothering with. My boss was very upset today, her little dog had to be euthanised at the weekend, he had cancer, he was the image of "Sykes" in "midsomer murder.", in some ways I am happy to think Sanjay should outlive me.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie will out live me but the worry is if l snuff it how long wil it take my friends to realize that l have been promoted and come and look after Billie, she has all sort of sticks hanging up a bowlful of pellets if she can get out from under the blankets she knows where the millet spray is kept She has plenty of water.

Of course it might mean relegation to a cabbage or worse some creepy crawly or a stay in hosipital comatose, l will worry about that after kingdom come.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Bit worried by Billie she seems to have skin problem and wants to shower more often. I misted her several times today and tried Aloe vera. She lets out a little cry and sits on the bottom of the cage l thought it was hormonal and that milk bought it on but she has been on a milk free diet for 5 days. She has had a little cheese but l think that will have to go until l can find the cause of her distress.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It sounds as though her skin may be inflamed, and showers soothe it. Do you add rosewater and glycerin to her misting bottle?, a few drops conditions the skin,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

What l have considered to be hormonal is skin irritation, yesterday it came to a head, as l thought milk was causing the problems but some research in the forum that some one gave full fat milk to their bird because their fat intake was low. Aslo that birds suffered skin irritation from a low fat diet.

Yesterday Billie was on a lower perch when l uncovered her and three times she dived to the bottom of the cage sitting in a frozen posture. Then some one rang the front door bell and she was up like a shot defending me from attack. But later retreated tot he bottomof the cage. She did allow me to stroke her, but the second time l tried it l nearly lost three fingers.

So today l have scrapped her no mlik diet and she shared her cornflakes and milk with me and was very happy, also she had a good shower this morning with extra misting and aloe vera also some Johnson's feather preen stuff and she has been a lot better. No attacks or diving to the bottom of the cage.. I have a misting bottle ready in case she does have an attack.

So a lot of my reporting about hormonal attacks during the egg laying was false which is a great relief.

Where do l get rosewater and glycerine from?

Possibly becasue she had a bad night she wanted to go to bed at 5 pm, and although l watched the news at 6 pm there was hardly a sound except grinding her beak.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The purest rosewater comes from your health food shop, avoid the pink mixed stuff you see in some chemists, also, glycerin should be available in the same shop, or try the aisle in ASDA which has baking products. Only a few drops in tepid water are necessary. Sanjay has very little fat, unless you count vegetable fat, he never has milk. Fortunately he does not display the same behaviour as Billie. Its entirely possible she may still have some form of PTSD, after being chucked out of a window, and is nervy at noises etc.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Her first two or three years of life were very traumatic, Alan who had her before me for two years let her fly loose all day and when she wanted to sleep she had to put her head under her wing anywhere.
She shared the room with some canaries and a dog. I have no idea how she fared before then but the cage Alan gave me was very big and had a metal mirror with three bells and a 4 wooden blocks above a bell. So l think some one cared for her. Alan only gave her sunflower seeds no fruit or veg or other seeds. Still all that is in the past now as l have had Billie for a just over a year.

Holland and Barratt do not sell rosewater unless it is a salad dressing and did not know where l could buy glycerine, but l was walking past Boots and asked there and a kind lady found the last bottle. I put a few drops in the misting bottle, l use a recycled well washed out carpet shampoo spray it is ideal, also Johnson's cage disinfectant bottle is pretty good too. I topped the bottle up with warm water, shook, rattled and rolled, and misted Billie, lated she flew to my shoulder and cuddled up to me l think she was thanking me. I use the old Johnsons disinfectant spray bottle to mist flies they hate it and leave by the first exit.

Billie has again demanded to go to bed at 5 pm she is sleeping 16 hours a night, can they have too much sleep? Last year she only had 8 hours sleep but she was very bitchy and bit a lot, but even near christmas l was making the mistake of keeping electric lights on, which kept her awake.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I think animals, like children, should have all the sleep they need, sleep won't harm her, and if she is more affable for it, then it Must be doing her good. I bought Jack, my grandson, his own parrot from the charity shop today, a comical looking soft toy with velcro attachments so it can sit on his shoulder, arrrh! Jim me lad.,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

"SHREIK!!!! " Sanjay's comment. Thanks Sanjay's muumi for helpful advice
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjays new words, "sorted" and "farty" supposed to be "Smarty", "sorted" comes out "forted" or similar tis funny tho'.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie is pushing the bed time earlier it was 4.50 this afternoon. This morning when l uncovered her she headed for a low perch thinking she might be itchy l gave her a light misting, but it was not that and after l went out to the kitch she came up and pooped. I thought it looked watery, but her vent is clean.

I tried to weigh her today and bungled one attempt but after that she was determined not to be weighed. It is sad becasue when l first got her she said "Hallo" twice and after that has not said a word. I showed her some Alexandrines talking on youtube but she was more interested in exploring than looking.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When Sanjays daddi was alive, he constantly joined in or interrupted our conversations, now, he speaks rarely. Just when you think they've forgotten their words or priddy toons, they come out with one or few!.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Jack Loves his toy parrot, and over lunch I asked him what name he would give it, "Sinbad" perhaps? Or good old "Polly"?, oh no, Jack replied, "Carrot the parrot".
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Oh to be 6 again! Or a parrot.

The engineers came to fix my organ this morning and l kept Billie locked in her cage she took a lot of umbrage and stomped around in her swimming pool which gave me an idea after they had gone, l let Billie out and added a few drops of gelantine and rosewater to her swimming pool.

We had shepherds pie tonight, Billie loves the crispy bit and all the corn she can find. I set out a seperate bowl for her but just like this morning when she thought my cornflakes looked more inviting than hers. A case of my cornfakes looking greener than hers. The cornflake bowl has a wide rim and she just could not reach the crispy ones so she climbed on to the rim l thought for one minute she was going to dive in, or attempt to bathe in the milk.

She still dives for the bottom first thing in the morning I take no notice and go out to the kitchen to wash the dishes so she crows and l came back and find she has pooped on the floor missing the cage.
You have to be thankful for small mercies in our house. Or parrots

Bed time was 4 .30 this evening. Oh where will it end? Come Chrismnas she wont bother to get up!

Or a carrot!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Jack will be 3 next week. I hope the gelatine didn't set, I didn't get my preen or "cuddle" today, Sanjay took off for a long haul flight around the LR, it perked up his appetite no end!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sorree you did say Jack was three it was me, but who can think straight when they are a parrot!

I think Billie is bluffing, when l uncover she is on the top perch but quickly descends and sits on the floor of the cage with a glint in her eye. I take no notice collect the bowls and take them to the kitchen to be cleaned. When l come back she is sitting on the top of her cage and pooped all down the side. Hormonal? My foot!

This afternoon she was making strange noises so l took her out to the bath room for a shower bur she was not interested, so we came back. Blow me down half an hour later she is paddling in her swimming pool. So l misted her with Glycerine and Rose water, but as l said who can think straight when they are a parrot. But she was not amused and headed for the top of the cage where she knows l cannot mist her because of the electic plugs on the wall.

I was out in the kitchen and talking to Billie in the LR suddenly she flew round the corner both of us were so suprised she could do this she landed on the floor. so l picked her up and took her back to the cage.

Tonight she was a bit annoyed l did not cover the cage when she demanded. I told that her l wanted to finish my dinner first. There was the usually tunnel digging noises until sudden it went all quiet.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Hmm, I wonder why?. Anyway, I got my preen and "cuddle" today, I think he knew Is been to lidl and had blackberries in my sholley when I came home.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Oct 6, gosh it is nearly a year since l joined Indianringneck.com will l get a medal for sticking it out until the end?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I take my hat off to Sanjay, Billie does not like most of the things Sanjay enjoys
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie gave me an awful scare this morning. I uncovered her as usual and she was sitting on the cage floor. So l ignorred her and washed her bowls but when l came back she was still sitting there.

Yesterday l had bought two plastic cat balls with holes in them and stuffed them full of seeds one white/blue the other pink/white. This morning the white/blue ball was intact but the other she had chewed it to bits. And it looked as if some of the bits were missng. And she had not pooped yet and she is still sitting imobile. I reached into take the white/blue ball out and she lunged at me. Nothing wrong with you l thought. So l held her at bay with a long handled kitchen brush amd took all stuff out including her swimming pool. I took the tray to the kitchen to clean and when l got back she was sitting on the low perch.

I put the tray back and she climbed a little higher and pooped a big dollop. I could see no plastic bits which was a great relief! I think she was put out a bit by hte kitchen brush and she ignoored me all morning but did condescend to share my breakfast. But she wanted to be covered at 4 pm. I turned off all the lights to show her it was still daylight but to no avauil she still wanted to be covered so after that l dashed out to do some quick shopping.

The bus l was on crawled but eventually we got to the supermarket, l bought the stuff l needed and l waited hours for a bus home, but when l got home l saw it was only 3 quarters of an hour since l left.
Billie said nothing l thought she was asleep, so l got my dinner just a s l sat down she perked up and wanted out, and she shared my dinner.

I am determnind to take all nest building materials out before she goes ot bed in the future.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie has started to rub herself on me just like last year but l am wise to her antics now and stop her as quickly as l can. She wanted to be covered up at 3 30 pm but l delay her by asking her to help me get the dinner. She does not like the oven door opening when she is sitting on my shoulder so we go back to her cage, and l continue with the dinner. Shepherd's pie tonight we both love that she got a bit of crispy cheese topping and lots of corn. Then at 4.30 she made it quite clear she wanted to be covered.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Ooh I say!, the little hussy, It seems a strange time of year for her behaviour, I would have thought Springtime rather than late summer/early autumn. Today Sanjay didn't retreat to the chandelier while I gave his palace a good scrub, he sat on top of the door the whole time. I found liquid laundry detergent works a treat at shifting sticky debris, it just glides off, then a good rinse. After everything was "sorted" he had a lovely sing song before sharing a piece of my cod.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Nice to hear from you again, Billie started early last year too. But l am trying to stop her as quickly as l can she sits on my shoulder and pulls the cotton out of my shirt collar and before you know it she has rolled the collar up and gripping with on foot she sways back and forth punching inside my ear and back, so as l say l stop it quickly.

Where do you get liquid laundry detergent? Oh yes l know from a liquid laundry of course! Billie usually retreats to the back of my arm chair when l clean her cage she can warm her rump on the gas fire as it is getting quite chilly in the mornings.

Tonight we had chicken and chip well she did l had chips also she had corn while l had Broad beans which she does not care a fig about. She wanted to go to bed at 3 pm but l told her that was too early so she helped me get the dinner organised. However she did manage to get covered at 4 pm.

She's a sweetie l put a empty 1000 pill plastic dispenser in the bottomof her cage to play with but she was very suspicious, l think she thought it was a bomb, she allowed me to put my hand in her cage and defuse it before we had a controlled explosion.
Only wind l told her.
Phew who farted? I asked her.
You smelt it, you dealt it, She said.
You said the rhyme you did the crime. I told her.
Ah well such is life,
but on a serious note do birds fart?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

My late husband reckoned Sanjay did, but when we had dogs he blamed them too, so It didn't cut any ice with me. Sanjay quite likes a broad bean, but he has catholic tastes anyway. He had a good sing song today, even though it rained this morning, and he was very chuffed to be given prickly pears.Bedtime steadfastly remains at 8pm, he is very firm on that score.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Does Sanjay get enough sleep? What time do you awaken him?

Billie moans like dickens if l watch Tv while she is covered at night, when she calls to be covered at 3.30 l think this is calling the flock in, l let her help me get dinner she likes a little cheese, some lettuce, she watched me grind up part of a hard boiled egg, l put some plain yoghurt in l offered her a taste but she turned her nose up at it, l left it in a bowl with luttuce and a small bit of cheese for her to enjoy a midnight snack. So I tuck her in at 4.30 pm.

Last year l made the mistake of keeping her up and l think this confused her to the season. So now l do not want heer thinking it is spring already and time to lay eggs.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay is uncovered between 8 and 8.30 am. Sometimes he has a siesta, but not as regularly as he used to.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sanjay is only getting 12 hours sleep a night. Maybe he can cope with that Billie has 15 hours.

I found a new thing she likes Aubergine (eggpalant) she does not like the skin, she had not eaten much of the vegetable dish including the mashed hard boiled egg and a touch of plain yohurt so l left the dish in for her to enjoy a midnight snack, and she ate the eggplant but not the skin, also the sweet potato disappeared over night but not the skin. But the mashed egg was still sitting untouched.

She went to bed at a more resaonable time of 4.45 tonight and tomorrow l have to go to the doctor at 3.45 pm so she wll have to wait untill come back for tea and bed time.

I find it a bit strange that in the 13 minths l have had Billie she has only spoken two words. Hallo twice. I have the idea that they speak when they are lonely and discover the warm praise and continue. Hens are more likely to speak than cocks
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay spoke more frequently when his daddi was alive, he sort of joined in conversations. He has started again, but infrequently. He doesn't mind aubergine, but prefers things with seeds.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Does Sanjay eat the skin?

I had to go to the doctor this afternoon which threw Billie's clock out of shape however she did go to bed at 5 30 which was not too bad.

Billie does sing beautifully especally when she wants something, l get the message pretty quickly so there is no need for her to talk. For instance if l turn the sound down on the Tv becasue l want to play my organ she squalls and looks pointedly at the tv so l turn up the sound a little.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Billie needs her fix of daytime soaps!, its a girl thing.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Well she got out of bed on the wrong side this morning, l uncovered her a few minutes late and she was sitting on the floor of the cage and remained so a l cleaned the cage l did the upper part but she glared at me so l held her back with a long handled kitchen brush while l took out her bowls. I did not dare clean her lower perches. However the bowls were all clean and back in the brackets and she was still sitting on the floor of the cage. So l took her seed bowl out and was going to put it down beside her when she attacked me. Gave me a nasty bite, blood, pain, I dropped the bowl.

I shut the cage and covererd her up and walked out of the room. After a few minutes l could hear her calling so l uncovered her slowly sat down and watched the Tv. After watching the news I opened her door and took her out on a spare perch and left her on top of the cage while l got on with cleaning the lower part.

She managed to squeexe past my shoulder and made a b line for her seed bowl. Although she gave ne the eye she allowed me to clean the lower part of the cage.

But at breaksast time she flew to the table for her cornflakes. "Whoa!" I said/ "You bit me do you not have any comment to make?

Her reply?

"That's history!"
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I dunno, talk about hormonal!. One of our RSPCA inspectors brought two adorable tiny kittens in today, semi feral. One was completely black and I was tempted, but fortunately I snapped out of it that teensy weensy kitten would grow up into Sanjays Bete Noir! Trying to sneak up on him like Sylvester on Tweety. I wouldn't be able to turn my back for five seconds!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

They are all adorable as babies, but a wise choice.

I have decided that Billie's recent behaviour is the beginning of the mating season. Last year may have been the same but it was not until late October when Skye told me what Billie was doing was mastubating on me and l should discourage her. (Billie not Skye) Well this has started again, and is discouraged. I think the year will follow the same pattern as last year.

I am thinking of moving her into here for the winter. It is darker with a blackout curtain on the window also l can watch Tv late with out distubing her. But I shall wait for the winter as it is like an oven in the LR. However l must move items in her cage around, the only time she uses the bath on the cage floor is to tell me she wants a shower.

I have found that when she sits on the cage floor it is an attention seeking thing, there is nothing wrong becasue if l go out after a while she climbs up to her perch. Last year l thoought it was hormonal. I bought some 'No sugar added' museli it is disgusting but if Billie is going to join me for breakfast she will have to get to like it too, because we both have a sweet tooth.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

If I had Muesli, Sanjay would pinch all the nuts from it!, but I cannot stand Muesli. I'm not a breakfast cereal person, I much prefer a cooked breakfast, and Sanjay enjoys a piece of egg. I would miss him terribly if I moved him to another room!, but his palace wouldn't fit in my bedroom, in fact unless it was disassembled I couldn't get it through the LR doorway, As I never get bitten, and only nibbled or nipped Very infrequently, there is no need. I count myself very fortunate, that If Sanjay Is female, I never have to go through what you go through .I would be tearing my hair out!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Hair for sale. Hair today gone tomorrow, Today has been disastrous.

This morning l moved everything around, her cage is on the opposite of side the room, her bowls are all over the place and she hates it. Also l gave her a Chinchlla nesting box to use last year and l dragged it out again this year as l thought she could hide in there. She went and kicked all the old cloths out but found one with a hole in it and trust her to put her head through and could not get back, l tried to get it off her and she bit me several times blood every where before l got some scissors and cut it off her, more blood.

Later she sat on the threshold of her cage and looked at me and looked at the box and this empathy we have l knew she wanted the box out and she did not bite me as l took it out. She joined me for dinner, she had corn and corn l had stew. After that she wanted to go to bed and kept complaining that she hear the Tv or see it flashing so l covered up with everything l could find but still she complained.

I thought l would put her in the bedroom with the blind closed but l sprung one of the wires at the back as l moved the cage and got a wheel caught in the carpet, so that was a no no, so back in the LR she went and l got more complaints so the only answer was to leave her in there no Tv and no lights and come in here, no Tv, but l have the radio and computer, also l have my air condtioner set up in here with the over head fan l can keep the BR on the cool side.

I shall have to move her cage back to the other side of the room soon and there were no complaints about the Tv there before l moved her and she does miss looking out of the window, she can be happily defending her rubicorn on the floor of the cage and a noise out side and she is up onto her perch and bossing around in a flash.

I must admit after moving her cage this morning she was well behaved and not territorial.

I shall have to consider moving her in here for the winter because she will want to go to bed earlier and earlier and that could be 3 pm, so l think l shall have to keep her in here full time that way she can got bed what ever time she wants and l can watch Tv in the LR, l could make up the sofa bed and sleep on that the only problem l can see is heating the bed room. I have a gas boiler on the wall which gets too hot, but l can always turn it off. it has a metal plate which cools down slowly. And l could use the computer in the afternoons and keep her company. But she would be on her lonesome while l played the organ. HELL

Any body want to buy a parrot?

Wait a minute l could buy one of those play stands with its own water and seed bowls she could sit on that while l played the organ and see out of the window, then we could trasnfer to the BR while l work on the computer and then she could go to bed in the dark BR while I watch TV in the LR.

No sale/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

You worked your way through that nicely. Now all you have to do is put it into practice. The black and white kitten died, cat flu, the other one is being fostered, I just hope she hasn't got it.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sad about the kitten, we had to be on our guard in the pet shop as people were always offering us unwanted pets or pets that were ill and they did not want to pay for the vet bills. I made the mistake of taking in a rabbit with a runny tummy l cleaned it up the best l could but it died the next day. Sometimes we found rabbits on our door step. The shop was located in the a market and traders were always pushing their rubbish into our door way, one day l saw the big cardboard box blocking the entrance so l gave it a kick and found it was heavy when l looked inside there where two motheaten rabbits both over weight and full of fleas l dragged the box into out toilet while l thought of how to get rid of the rabbits.

Shortly after a RSPCA inspector in uniform came and said that they had a complaint that our rabbits were not being looked after properly. We had big metal cages and they were spotless all our rabbits were clean and dry well fed. He said okay it must have been a mistake. It was a good job he did not ask to use the toilet. I have already told the story of how a market trader took those two rabbits off my hands.

This morning Billie was very quiet and so on the sput of the moment l moved her cage back to her old place so she could see me coming back from church, all her bowls back and the mirror hanging on the wall. Just before l left she flew to my shoulder and streched her neck and gave me a big kiss. Sweet.
She has been well behaved today but wanted to go down on the floor. I thought that was better under supervision and l might be able to scare her so she would not ask again. Well l did scare her and she did ask again. There are so many places she could find to have a nest it scares me.

Had a virus attack from Indianringneck web site, but Norton spotted it and IE refused to open and l had to sign in again with pass word. So everything is now hunky dory.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay wasn't at all bothered when I went out again today, I do love his easy going nature, as long as he has everything he needs I can come and go as I please. The ideal flat mate!. When I was growing up in London, there was a Jewish quarter at Aldgate, and market called "Petticoat Lane", just off PL, was "Club Row" where pets were sold, beautiful healthy pedigree puppies. My dad bought my first dog, a Golden Cocker Spaniel from there, I was four, and recuperating from a tonsillectomy. Of course, trading animals like this is not allowed any more, yet pet superstores source puppies for people from Welsh puppy farms, shouldn't this be banned too?. Its not as though the customers are vetted properly is it?.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I used to work for a Jew Bernie Watson, in Whitechapel High street, I. Rinsler clothing wholesaler when trade was really bad we would stand at the front door, he would say "If we sold watches.." and l would say "We would be rich." He would say "If we sold washing machines?" l would say, "We would be rich." and after awhile Bernie would say "What do we sell?" And l would have to go through the smutter, it was Ladies clothing and Baby wear. He was a real character and we got on like a house on fire but when l left he told me l was like a son to him and he offered to make me a partner, he scribbled on a piece of paper and then said A 6% partner. I was thinking of 50% partner and turned him down. But if l had accepted his offer l would have been well off. He used to send me out to a Jewish fast food shop for pickled cucumber sandwiches but l forget what he called them. Motzer?

Once when trade was really bad every body who came into his wholesaler business got money, a Rabbi £200, a lady he knew £100 and so it went on he was down to his pennies when a gypsy came in and he gave her £5 for some "lucky heather"! I said to Bernie if we are so poor why are you handing out so much money? His answer? "If l don't God will only hit me harder!"

When l go out Billie makes a song and dance look sad, the downstairs neighbour said Billie keeps calling for ten minutes after I have gone, Bille calls to me as l come up the stairs.

As long as customers have money no one asks any questions!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I worked in a "Gown" shop after I left school, owned by a Jewish couple, they were Very Strict, only hired grammar school girls, and there was a rigid pecking order, one started as a "junior" on hosiery, then worked through lingerie skirts, coats and "day dresses", then to the upper floor, ball gowns, wedding gowns etc, they had a sweatshop on the third floor where alterations were done. If we recommended another shop, because we didn't stock what the "client" wanted, it was instant dismissal also if a "client" left empty handed. No tribunals and employment laws back then. Anyway, I didn't get sacked, I enlisted into the WRAC. My neighbours don't hear Sanjay, the location of my flat, and heavy fire door helps.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I took my "Creations" into a Madame shop in Bexhill by the front door. Inside was the parlor there were cubicles with a curtain where in the clients would sit, a model would wear an item and the curtain was drawn back. The client would indicate if they were interested.

But a member of staff intercepted me and said "Oh Madam does not allow travellers in the parlor!"
So l had to show my samples in the kitchen and l stepped back without looking and got boiled fish in milk for the cat all up my leg. Madam was smoking a cherot in the longest handled cheroot holder l have ever seen it must have been 2 foot long and she did not notice the smell. But l did!

My haute couture was mass produced so most madame shops were not interested. Do you remember Mantles? The wholesaler l worked for was Bradbury Greatorex, founded in 1815 but Courtalds bought our shares and sold our city warehouse for £6 million and lost interest in us they closed us down in 1984. I was made redundant in 1976.

I worked in the Ladies knitwear as first man but the opportunity came to go on the road so l transfered to Ladies Fashions l drove a Brougham. (A van with a hood over the cab) all my samples were hanging up if l went round a corner too quickly l could feel the van toppliing over. But it never did!

For a time l travelled in Ladies underwear, it was all right in summer but freezing in winter. After you left the WRAC (Women's Royal Automobile Club?) only joking l know it was a corpse, l was in the Royal Army skirt chasers for my national service did you go back into the retail trade?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

No, I met my husband and in those days it was automatic discharge if we had the temerity to marry. So I spent extra time in Germany as his wife, and did not return to work for many years. Since then I've done many things, but not retail which I was over qualified for anyway. Having said that, I love this charity shop job, and was told that had.I been younger and not disabled, I would have been offered assistant manager job. Parrots magazine has some more interesting articles, and a sweet potato recipe I may get Sanjay to sample. Today I brought raspberries home, much to his delight.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I tried Raspberries with Billie but l ended end up eating them myself.

Billie gave me an awful scare this morning she sat on the bottom of the cage for an hour, she let me stroke her but she would not leave the sanctury of the edge of the tray, l did all the bowls, last l did her seed bowl and she came up and had something to eat and let a massive poop hit the bottom of the cage l cleared it up with some paper tissue.

After that she seemed all right. She has been pestering me with wanting to fly down to my carpet, l thought it best to lift her down. She went under my swivel reclining chair but every time she put her head up to see inside she got it clouted as l moved the chair. I have a long handled mirror l can see what she doing, l thought she was just cogittating near my feet but l discovered she has been biting chunks out of my flip flops.

She does not understand punishment, so l just put her back in the cage but now she has plucked up her courage and can fly down to the carpet, it is going to be hell but such is life.

I put the wooden chinchilla nesting box on the floor and she loved it and would not let me move it. l thought it would be better her using that than finding a nest in the inside of the organ.